• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control

Its not an issue that it doesn't appear, its an issue with how the templates now function in relation to editing, as it is inline, no longer loading a unique page, then saving, and reloading the original, which performed that refresh before beta6.

This mod simply needs to be changed so it refreshes upon edit save as an ajax component or such.

I'm still not understanding what your trying to say. Are you speaking for the developer saying he's not working on a rc1 compliant happy-place add-on? if so, I don't think you can answer that unless you are in contact with him.

I spoke to the author a few weeks back and he is going to work on it but bare in mind this add-on derived from a request that nobody would take on. Inph kindly took this on so we just have to remain a little patient.

I'm still not understanding what your trying to say. Are you speaking for the developer saying he's not working on a rc1 compliant happy-place add-on? if so, I don't think you can answer that unless you are in contact with him.

I spoke to the author a few weeks back and he is going to work on it but bare in mind this add-on derived from a request that nobody would take on. Inph kindly took this on so we just have to remain a little patient.
I'm saying it does not work on RC1. That's all.

Reactions: Dan
is this Add-on actually working with XF-Beta5 and beyond?
What is the developer of this Add-on going to change? I guess I missed the point on this....

is this Add-on actually working with XF-Beta5 and beyond?
What is the developer of this Add-on going to change? I guess I missed the point on this....

It works with all previous builds prior to beta6 where a template removal caused some less than desirable issues to occur. If your using beta 5 and anything earlier your fine using this add-on.

Kier explained in this thread why these issues have occurred.

Isn't this a quick easy fix? Where one would just have to remove the call for a specific editor to just an editore that is active?

Seeing as a lot of people have been waiting for this to be updated since Beta 6, I figured I'd give inph a hand and rewrite The Happy Place using slightly more standard XenForo techniques, which will hopefully give him a framework to continue development.

Version 2 is now attached to this thread, and is compatible with the latest versions of XenForo including the 1.0.0 Release Candidates. It includes some slight alterations, such as the use of the new .xfSlideIn() function for an improved appearance of the smilie box sliding into place.

Version 2 is now attached to the first post of this thread.

See the enclosed README version 2.txt for revised installation instructions.

Enjoy.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-happy-place-clickable-smilies-under-editor-control.8229/

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you TY TY TY TY!!! :D

Top Bottom