• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control

Thank you Master!
smile.png

Seeing as a lot of people have been waiting for this to be updated since Beta 6, I figured I'd give inph a hand and rewrite The Happy Place using slightly more standard XenForo techniques, which will hopefully give him a framework to continue development.

Version 2 is now attached to this thread, and is compatible with the latest versions of XenForo including the 1.0.0 Release Candidates. It includes some slight alterations, such as the use of the new .xfSlideIn() function for an improved appearance of the smilie box sliding into place.

Version 2 is now attached to the first post of this thread.

See the enclosed README version 2.txt for revised installation instructions.

Enjoy.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-happy-place-clickable-smilies-under-editor-control.8229/

Thank you.

There arises a question that I have always pondered. How come forum software developers do not or try not to provide some sort of third party support in the sense of, if a add-on developer abandons his add-on, the compan, in this case, xenForo, provides updates as long as the mod is still in demand?

Thank you.

There arises a question that I have always pondered. How come forum software developers do not or try not to provide some sort of third party support in the sense of, if a add-on developer abandons his add-on, the compan, in this case, xenForo, provides updates as long as the mod is still in demand?
Because development resources are usually very limited and it's orders of magnitude harder to maintain someone else's code than to write your own from scratch.

Seeing as a lot of people have been waiting for this to be updated since Beta 6, I figured I'd give inph a hand and rewrite The Happy Place using slightly more standard XenForo techniques, which will hopefully give him a framework to continue development.
you have earned a fist-full of brownie points.
i have really been pining for the happy place.

Thank you for your update!
Why this addon is not moved into core?
(fits perfectly to XF-Layout)

gtx, juergen

I tried it on a custom style and had no joy with it but I assume that's something I can fix at some point.

I did however install it and made the necessary edits on a default style and did notice the margin is there but not doing anything in full editor and i'm getting the same as allan

Code:
.xenForm .happyPlaceFull
{
    margin: 0 30px 0 30px;
}

however if i place the margin: 0 30px 0 30px; in the following class (.happyPlace) it works and the full editor comes into alignment though the quickreply box happyplace shrinks on both sides by 30px.

Gah! That selector should be '.xenForm .happyPlace', the 'full' is now redundant.

That's fixed it working perfectly now thanks Kier. now to look what I've done in my custom style that is causing it now to show certain borders.

Top Bottom