The first addon for XenForo ?

For you, Which would be the first addon for XenForo ?

• Gallery

Votes: 192 49.9%
  • Download system

Votes: 60 15.6%
  • Blog

Votes: 69 17.9%
  • CMS

Votes: 186 48.3%
  • Other, please comments

Votes: 36 9.4%

• Total voters
Blog and CMS - or a new hack that is the next evolutionary step beyond contemporary CMS apps... If anyone has the horsepower to do this, it's the XenForo team.

I will probably make some addons for XF. I want to convert some features I have on my current site.

I will probably start with my gallery. It's a very simple gallery though. It just pulls image attachments from a gallery forum. It's not a standalone thing. But some people might find it useful.

I would also like to convert my event calendar which I am somewhat proud of. But that will require more effort. I made it for posting events where people can signup. For example:

http://www.mscclan.com/events/index.php?do=viewevent&eventid=176

I have also thought about possibly releasing a sort of "game site" package with all of the scripts I have written. You don't see many web apps that are specifically designed for game sites. I bet there are a lot of gaming communities that could make use of the features I have written for my own game site.

I'm probably going to write an AJAX shoutbox (possibly using comet/sockets/etc) if no one beats me to it :P

I would wager a gallery or wordpress bridge would be one of the first addons created.

However, I selected "Other" as I am really hoping for an Open ID or Twitter login feature (if it's not already built in by the time XF goes gold ;D One can hope!)

First XenForo addon - Hello World
Description
This addon adds the all time classical "Hello World" to your XenForo installation.
No additional features are added.

Installation
1) Copy and paste the following code into your text editor, and save as helloworld.php:
PHP:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html id="XenForo" class="Public">
<head>
	<meta charset="utf-8" />
	<title>Hello World!</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?css=foro,form,public" />
</head>
<body>
	<h1>Hello World!</h1>
</body>
</html>

2) Drop this file into root directory of your XenForo installation.

Optional 3) Add a desired .htaccess rewrite for your hello world.

To Do
- Make use of the template system to enable customization.
- Make use of the phrasing system to enable internationalization.
- Add a new css.php css entry for just font-reset and the necessary tags to save bandwidth.

Version History
0.0.1: Initial version

I don't know the shipping feature set to say for sure, but one of my requirements is the ability to have a portal-style home page, which includes highlighted topics (and also posts from within topics, that'd be nice). I'd like to be able to 'promote' a topic or post from anywhere within the main forum system onto the home page. That home page needs to have its own RSS feed. I need control over that page's layout, so I can embed 'most recent posts' and 'top 5 posts in category x' and other portlets.
This would allow me to replace Wordpress.

I voted for CMS and I think that should be the first one to come if any comes. But I do not think they should get this done right away, first focus on the forum.

I would love to see an e-commerce product...something that helps us all monetize our sites like IP.Nexus from IPB is going to do for that platform.

Top Bottom