[TH] Reactions Plus [Deleted]

Is the Reactions stats widget working right for any of you? Just curious, because still to this day I don't think any of the Reactions scores I see have changed since they first added the widget. And yes, I've rebuilt all the caches multiple times....

There is not, otherwise we wouldn't display it. :unsure:
Could you add an option to pre-load reactions on loading a topic (or anywhere where reactions are displayed) - but note that enabling that option will impact board performance? Or is it so significant that that's inadvisable no matter the size of the board?

Can the reactions be animated gifs?

Not sure if it's a bug or if we need to make changes in the CSS of our style (UI.X 2) but I've noticed if we use GIF reactions (with image files of 32x32 and 2x files of 64x64), they appear smaller in the picker than PNG files of the same dimensions. This seems to be due to the fact that the GIFs shrink a little in the picker, and when you hover they 'pop' up to their full size. However, PNGs display in the picker at their full size, and when you hover they 'pop' even more. So if we blend PNGs and GIFs it looks very inconsistent.

Am I making sense? Has anyone else experienced that?

I want to know if there are more people with the same issue I have with the Reaction Widget :
supababe-reaction-points.webp
Checking Database table, the numbers are wrong. so I opened a ticket with Themehouse and customer service last answer:
"We are aware that it doesn’t fix the issue for you, but we do not have any lead on your problem, hence we cannot do anything to rectify it, unfortunately. We will reinvestigate the issue once we receive more information from other sources. "
thanks a lot!

Checking Database table, the numbers are wrong. so I opened a ticket with Themehouse and customer service last answer:

May be worth noting that this was preceded by attempts to replicate this issue as well as produce more information, which we were both unable to. If you, or anyone, can provide more information on how to reproduce the issue, as stated in the answer, we can continue to investigate. But we cannot magically solve problems which we cannot find the source for.

I've checked Table in the database you mentioned me ito check 'xf_reaction_content'. I've run a Mysql query to a certain user ID:

SELECT * FROM xf_reaction_content WHERE reaction_id > 1 AND content_user_id = 49512

THis will show all the reactions ( except reaction:_id=1 default one due to there are a lot of results for this ID) for User ID:49512
and this is the result:
result.webp

All these results are showing how many Reactions have been RECEIVED this user. SO just 2 Reactions, Reaction ID=7 and Reaction ID=5

Widget list from this user is showing:
reaction-ñist-example.webp
As you can see ( list widget) its ONLY showing 7 Likes Received (thumbs up), this Reacrion is the ID=1.
Reactions IDs in our System( from TOP to Down):
Shield = 9
Thumbs Up =1
Thanks (smile) =7
Love Eyes =2
Hands=8
Laught = 3
Openeyes=4
Sad=5
Angry=6

------------------
Database table is showing 2 Rows and Widget not showing correct Stats....

Do you need more info to investigate it?

I've checked Table in the database you mentioned me ito check 'xf_reaction_content'. I've run a Mysql query to a certain user ID:

SELECT * FROM xf_reaction_content WHERE reaction_id > 1 AND content_user_id = 49512

THis will show all the reactions ( except reaction:_id=1 default one due to there are a lot of results for this ID) for User ID:49512
and this is the result:
View attachment 208088

All these results are showing how many Reactions have been RECEIVED this user. SO just 2 Reactions, Reaction ID=7 and Reaction ID=5

Widget list from this user is showing:
View attachment 208089
As you can see ( list widget) its ONLY showing 7 Likes Received (thumbs up), this Reacrion is the ID=1.
Reactions IDs in our System( from TOP to Down):
Shield = 9
Thumbs Up =1
Thanks (smile) =7
Love Eyes =2
Hands=8
Laught = 3
Openeyes=4
Sad=5
Angry=6

------------------
Database table is showing 2 Rows and Widget not showing correct Stats....

Do you need more info to investigate it?

I think I may have found the issue on this. Could you take a look at the PM I sent?

May be worth noting that this was preceded by attempts to replicate this issue as well as produce more information, which we were both unable to.

I really love you guys and am not trying to sound like a jerk but I have had a ticket or two where you're “unable to replicate” and then it's explicitly fixed in the next release. So clearly someone on your team found it but didn't communicate that back to the person I was talking with on the ticket. Not sure if it's an internal communications issue or a testing issue, but it's worth considering.

For example last month we had an issue (after we upgraded to XF 2.1.3) where reactions that a user did not have permission to use would be shown in the widget, but then generate an error when the user attempted to use the reaction. We filed a ticket and were told you could not replicate the issue two different ways, and asking us to set up a test account for you on our board. A few days later when we got to it, we logged into TH to give you credentials and we saw that "Patch Level 1" to Reactions+ was out. In the changelog was our exact issue. So someone obviously replicated it and fixed it - but that was never communicated back to us.

You make great products, I'm just passing it along as something to think about.

I'm not sure what exactly you are expecting here. The cannot replicate label means exactly that: The person that worked on the ticket couldn't replicate the issue. This doesn't mean that we're done investigating it, or that it won't be fixed whatsoever. The situation may change once somebody else looks over the issue or we receive further information.

You gotta consider that we receive a huge amount of tickets each day, questions about add-ons, customisation requests, user errors and lastly bugs. Sometimes it's simply not possible to keep track of everything. And we can't have every developer look over every ticket each time, somebody gotta pay for that time too. That's why we have the issue repository that we normally link to when a bug gets reported, so you can follow the status there. Checking it out in general is normally worth it and a more direct way to communicate bugs with us and get status updates on the situation after the ticket was closed, or in general.

Top Bottom