[TH] Reactions [Deleted]

To give another perspective.. After updating to this earlier today I ran two counters (the one you screenshot, and rebuild user react total), and I got it to become accurate and look pretty good.. When I count my totals (member card shows me positive + neutral as I don't use negative), it comes out to the same grand total as all of the ones in my member profile widget counted together!

I do have a question though...

The LIKE count that displays by default with XF in posts, and the like count that shows in member profiles show a different number (instead of 4957 which is my reactions count, it shows a like count of 2553). Would you be kind enough to explain where it gets that number from, and is there any way to get all totals to be reflected identically?
I would say likes were not completely imported into reactions, so the value isn't up-to-date.

Thanks for the update but still did not fix the like count issue. on the widget its shows different like number than the one on member's profile.

Just to be clear are you talking about the like block that is in xenforo by default or the sidebar block?

I think I have been having this. Its not that big of an issue for me but for some reason the built in xenforo likes on the profile page is different than those on the reaction widget.

likes.webp

is there a user accessible page which shows which reactions are positive / negative / indifferent ?

I have tried this a couple of times on my forum and the reaction count and like count are still off by some.

There were a couple people that reported errors caused by XenForo likes that had the content associated with them deleted by an add-on and this add-on didn't delete the content correctly so some orphaned data was left (such as these likes) instead of importing likes for content that doesn't exist we ignore these so this is a potential cause for the numbers to be a bit different. We could potentially create a rebuild process to remove orphaned likes, but we'll likely also want to identify the add-on that is incorrectly deleting content as there are more than likely many more underlying issues caused by doing that

If that's the case, my best bet would be on:

There were a couple people that reported errors caused by XenForo likes that had the content associated with them deleted by an add-on and this add-on didn't delete the content correctly so some orphaned data was left (such as these likes) instead of importing likes for content that doesn't exist we ignore these so this is a potential cause for the numbers to be a bit different. We could potentially create a rebuild process to remove orphaned likes, but we'll likely also want to identify the add-on that is incorrectly deleting content as there are more than likely many more underlying issues caused by doing that

It's also possible that you have likes for content that isn't supported by Reactions, which will not get converted

If that's the case, my best bet would be on:

It's also possible that you have likes for content that isn't supported by Reactions, which will not get converted

Are you saying we should wait for the next XF update?

Are you saying we should wait for the next XF update?

It has nothing to do with a XenForo update. Reactions will not import likes for content it doesn't support, and it won't import likes for content that has been deleted. Those two reasons are the only possible situations I can think of for something like this to occur. Do you have any add-ons (even from XenForo 1) that use the like system?

Actually -- a really easy way to tell. Run the following query in phpMyAdmin or CLI and screenshot the output:

Code:
SELECT DISTINCT(content_type) FROM xf_liked_content

That screenshot was just now.

I did not yet run "count likes as reactions" and rebuild the user reaction count request I received earlier.

Did not yet do that.

We don't currently have support for XFMG comments, only the actual media items. Run:

SELECT COUNT(like_id) FROM xf_liked_content WHERE content_type='xfmg_comment';

Is the number you get from this query roughly equal to the difference between the like count in Reactions and the XF based like count?

We don't currently have support for XFMG comments, only the actual media items. Run:

SELECT COUNT(like_id) FROM xf_liked_content WHERE content_type='xfmg_comment';

Is the number you get from this query roughly equal to the difference between the like count in Reactions and the XF based like count?

My personal likes from XF: 2553

My personal reactions total: 4957

Here you go:

database_query2.webp

Top Bottom