XF 2.2 REACTIONS HISTORY LIST - "MORE..." BUTTON IS MISSING

MediaFolSupport

Hello we have a strange behaviour with our users. This situation is different from all us.

Many users can see 20 reaction history (here), many others only 15/18/other... why this number is different?
Many users can see the "more..." button in the bottom of the 20 reaction page, this button load another 20 reaction in the history, many others user literally do not have that button, and they have more than 500+ reaction in the history so... yes, the reactions exists.

I didn't find nothing about reaction history and rule about its visualization in user profile under the Xenforo manual. there is no information about that history. Can someone explain me how that page work? or better:

• How many reaction must be show in that list?
  • Is it editable from admin control panel or it is lock for all users? why my users have different situation? (some have 20 reaction some 18 some 15...)
  • Why the show more button is missing for some users?

Thanks.

Last edited:
this one, for many user is missing, for many other not, the web browser is indifferent becouse all usee all web browser and all have different behaviour:

Screenshot 2023-07-12 121555.png
I tried with another user thath have +50 rep, but in that list i see only 20 rep and the "more..." button is missing, pressing F12 i see that all li with class footer-block is missing there... why?
This 2 users i used for testing have the same exactly permission, compared with 2 windows in admin control panel permission side by side.

Last edited:
Is it possible these users have received a reaction to content they no longer have permission to view? I think I see a bug with the logic we use to display the more button which may cause it to disappear when this happens.

Is it possible these users have received a reaction to content they no longer have permission to view? I think I see a bug with the logic we use to display the more button which may cause it to disappear when this happens.
Thanks for participating! acute observation but, I have already done this test, namely:
  • I tried to move content with reputation to a private forum
  • I tried deleting content with reputation
  • I tried to take away the reputation
  • I tried to change language
  • I tried the default graphic template

In any case, that content is removed from the list and then I simply don't see "that reputation" in the list, but I still see 20 reputations in the list , and the "more" button (that is a correct behaviour).
But the problem is still different for many users, some see the button "more" others don't. Some see 15/18/20 reputations on the list for no reason why.
I put 2 historical users in 2 separated windows of the acp (with many comments, many reps etc...), They have exactly the same permissions and both meet the promotion requirements. one sees everything ok and one doesn't.

In any case, that content is removed from the list and then I simply don't see "that reputation" in the list, but I still see 20 reputations in the list , and the "more" button (that is a correct behaviour).
The more button disappears for me when I move at least one post containing a recent (within last 21) reaction to a private forum. This is because we erroneously count reactions to see if there are more after they have been filtered for visibility (rather than before). I'll get that sorted, but short of that I can't see anything else that would cause this and I can't reproduce further issues after implementing this fix.

Do note that if only one is not visible, the list will still display a full 20 due to how we overfetch by one to perform the "more" check.

But the problem is still different for many users, some see the button "more" others don't. Some see 15/18/20 reputations on the list for no reason why.
We fetch 21 reactions on each page, filter out the ones that are not visible, and slice off the last one if none were filtered. We can't fetch only the visible reactions because we can't tell if they are visible at query time, so the list may not always display a full 20 items. Still, the more button should appear in these cases when the above bug is fixed.

Top Bottom