Not a bug "View more" button is missing in "Latest threads" widget having Standard style

ivp

Affected version
Added "Latest threads" widget to "What's new: Overview" section having "Display style" set to "Standard" using /admin.php?widgets

When accessing /whats-new/ the list of the latest threads is displayed, but there is no "View more..." button below the list, like "Latest posts" have.

When creating a widget of this type the view more button is automatically displayed. As long as there are more discussions to see.

When creating a widget of this type the view more button is automatically displayed. As long as there are more discussions to see.
Well, to partially correct what I said in my second post, a new posts widget will have the option in standard view - it's been a while, so I had to test a bit. But I don't get it with a New threads widget, and can't remember it ever being there. Has it been added quite recently? I'm still on 2.24.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I complained about this myself years ago, so nothing has changed. They've always given more love to posts, with the various criteria and everything else. I'm currently using Themehouse's Feeds addon, basically placing that addon's navigation items under What's New, so now I have a "Load More" option and page navigation for threads.

This is deliberate, there isn't really a "Latest threads" page to link to in the same way there is for latest posts.

truonglv also has a widget addon that will add a "Load more" option to a New threads widget. It's not free, but will be cheaper right now with the Black Friday sale. I know you'd rather have it in the core, but I wouldn't be holding my breathe for it....

Top Bottom