[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I'm not seeing any duplicate icons, but still having same problems with Ui.X style and XF style I've mentioned above, with icons not showing up, with or without the addon enabled. Just those two styles. If anyone else has this installed and is using the UI.X style (as well as the XF default) without any issue, please reply to let us know. I'd like to know whether this is or isn't some problem specific to my local install. TIA
I'm still waiting to see a stable fix before upgrading my forum.. As this will be on live site. What issues you have?

I'm still waiting to see a stable fix before upgrading my forum.. As this will be on live site. What issues you have?
Just what I stated: missing icons from those two styles. This has varied somewhat over testing, sometimes some of the icons not showing and others showing, to all of them being missing - which is currently the case. It would seem to possibly be a caching issue, but I'm not using any cache on the local install and I've emptied the browser's cache (and cookies) multiple times, and I don't know why it would affect only those two styles. And I've tested them on multiple browsers. At one point the icons were all showing in Chrome, but not FF or Edge, but currently they're not showing in Chrome either.

If I create a new style with no parent, I run into the same issue: no icons. So I don't know what's going on, possibly something simple I'm overlooking. All I know is the icons were all there on both of those styles before I installed the first version of this addon meant for 2.2.

Just what I stated: missing icons from those two styles. This has varied somewhat over testing, sometimes some of the icons not showing and others showing, to all of them being missing - which is currently the case. It would seem to possibly be a caching issue, but I'm not using any cache on the local install and I've emptied the browser's cache (and cookies) multiple times, and I don't know why it would affect only those two stlyes. And I've tested them on multiple browsers. At one point the icons were all showing in Chrome, but not FF or Edge, but currently they're not showing in Chrome either.

If I create a new style with no parent, I run into the same issue: no icons. So I don't know what's going on, possibly something simple I'm overlooking. All I know is the icons were all there on both of those styles before I installed the first version of this addon meant for 2.2.

Yes we have same issue and Template modification are not applying.

See here: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/2260

Just what I stated: missing icons from those two styles. This has varied somewhat over testing, sometimes some of the icons not showing and others showing, to all of them being missing - which is currently the case. It would seem to possibly be a caching issue, but I'm not using any cache on the local install and I've emptied the browser's cache (and cookies) multiple times, and I don't know why it would affect only those two stlyes. And I've tested them on multiple browsers. At one point the icons were all showing in Chrome, but not FF or Edge, but currently they're not showing in Chrome either.

So you saying is not worth yet to use this addon or upgrade ?

I would not deploy on a live site until you've seen some reassurances from others using the addon that the problems have been resolved.

Thanks for confirming. That’s the problem, I have no demo site . So upgrade will be straight on live site. But also don’t want to messup my forum too.

Thanks for the upgrade. My last problem is fixed with this version.

Guys I just updated to XF2.2 along with all add-ons and styles too.

I can confirm the "duplicated icon" issue is still present for me, at least next to the section's title at the top of the page (threads list), as you can see in the screenshot:

1602341393941.png

The icon where I put the blue cross is the one that shouldn't be there.

Not yet a big deal for me as my community is not published yet, despite it is online since a few months.... in case I'll try to temporarily fix that by CSS

Guys I just updated to XF2.2 along with all add-ons and styles too.

I can confirm the "duplicated icon" issue is still present for me, at least next to the section's title at the top of the page (threads list), as you can see in the screenshot:

View attachment 237166

The icon where I put the blue cross is the one that shouldn't be there.

Not yet a big deal for me as my community is not published yet, despite it is online since a few months.... in case I'll try to temporarily fix that by CSS
What style is that, and have you updated it to latest version?

I personally haven't seen any more duplicate icons, just missing icons on a couple of styles. Although I just checked and the icons are once again mysteriously showing again for those two styles (UI.X & XF default) ONLY in the Chrome browser - not in FF or Chrome or Opera. :unsure:

Good point. (y)
That's iO style, from ThemeHouse of course.

I've also forgot to tell that the icon was not supposed to be the one you see (folder), but I can't remember if I already had this issue before upgrading.

This is the icon which is set for that forum section:

1602342707670.webp

Good point. (y)
That's iO style, from ThemeHouse of course.

I've also forgot to tell that the icon was not supposed to be the one you see (folder), but I can't remember if I already had this issue before upgrading.

This is the icon which is set for that forum section:

View attachment 237167

Does work well on my site in Io style without issues. However there I found bunch of issues on theme.

@Lukas W. @Ian Hitt Patch Level 2 does not fixed icons issue with other style?
They're appearing again for me in all styles in Chrome, but only in Chrome, which has been the case before, but still missing on UI.X and XF styles on every other browser I try. Are you experiencing this on a live install, or local install like me? And is it only for UI.X or other styles too?

@Lukas W. @Ian Hitt Patch Level 2 does not fixed icons issue with other style?
They're appearing again for me in all styles in Chrome, but only in Chrome, which has been the case before, but still missing on UI.X and XF styles on every other browser I try. Are you experiencing this on a live install, or local install like me? And is it only for UI.X or other styles too?

All nodes now should work in the default theme as well as any UI.X based themes. If this is still not the case for you, you may have something else interfering (an add-on, or perhaps theme customization.) You can check them out the way they are intended on our demo. If you are still having issues, feel free to drop me a DM and I'd be happy to help look through your sites personally to help out.

All nodes now should work in the default theme as well as any UI.X based themes. If this is still not the case for you, you may have something else interfering (an add-on, or perhaps theme customization.) You can check them out the way they are intended on our demo. If you are still having issues, feel free to drop me a DM and I'd be happy to help look through your sites personally to help out.

Yes with this update Node icon working with Xenforo default theme and UI.X themes but only problem for FontAwesome icons issue with UI.X Pro theme. Also with this update fixed with @Ehren theme but still not fixed for @Russ theme. So looking for @Russ theme support.

Thanks, but I've only upgraded on a local install. Hopefully when I can upgrade the live site, everything will just work. Whenever you guys can free up Lukas long enough for him to update his Editor & BB Code Manager addon, I'll give it a go. :D

@Ian Hitt are you guys replacing the traditional "fa-question-circle" class name with "fa-question" on the question and answer nodes by chance?

@Ian Hitt are you guys replacing the traditional "fa-question-circle" class name with "fa-question" on the question and answer nodes by chance?
No, it doesn't actually change icons out of the box itself. It only gives an option to override icons on a per node basis. Our themes also use the fa-question-circle var. I did notice that Nirjonadda had specifically set his "question and answer" node to "fas fa-question" in the add-on if that's what you're looking at. It looks like the reason Flat Awesome doesn't work is because the theme has more specific CSS to target the icon. There's a couple potential edits either @Russ could make, or @Nirjonadda could do to his custom theme.

1. @Russ if you wanted to make a change in the core themes, then I'd suggest instead of adding icon override CSS in xb_forums.less, you can just update the icons in node_list.less to keep uniform with the default theme. However if you you'd prefer keeping default templates unedited, you could also update your selector with to include the custom icon class from the add-on. It would be
Code:
.node--unread:not(.th_node--hasCustomIcon)
. But since this isn't actually a theme issue or add-on issue, but rather just an incompatibility between products, then..

@Nirjonadda you could make the change in your custom theme. In your case I would probably suggest just commenting out the lines in xb_forums.less that change the icon. That's all that would be required. The add-on actually is "working", it's just being overwritten by a bit of simple CSS is all.

Happy to help further if anyone has any questions :)

Top Bottom