[TH] Monetize Lite [Deleted]

Can this allow for 'x' number of posts before an ad is shown. For example, let's you say you want to place an ad in ad_message_below, but you want a minimum of 2 posts before it's shown. Is that possible?

Currently that is not possible due to some limitations with the parameters passed to the template hook. However, you can create a template hook that only shows up in certain threads, and if there are a certain number of posts then use that hook to display your advertisements.
Something like this may work:
Code:
<xen:if is="{xen:count $posts} > 10">
<xen:hook name="ad_over_ten_posts" />
</xen:if>

If I purchase the standard version, can I pay the difference to move up to the branding-free option? I'd like to be sure this solution works for me, before committing to the brand-free option.

You sure can!

- Jake

I'm trying to use conditionals and entering that information in the HTML section in AD Monetize. It seems to ignore the conditionals. Using ad_message_below as an example. If you place an ad here, it'll run below every single post, which isn't practical. Using conditionals in the ad_message_below template, I've been using this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 1 AND {$thread.reply_count} > 0 AND !{$visitor.user_id}">

MY AD CODE

I've tried different, more basic conditionals with the same issue.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'forum_list'">
MY AD CODE

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to use conditionals and entering that information in the HTML section in AD Monetize. It seems to ignore the conditionals. Using ad_message_below as an example. If you place an ad here, it'll run below every single post, which isn't practical. Using conditionals in the ad_message_below template, I've been using this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 1 AND {$thread.reply_count} > 0 AND !{$visitor.user_id}">

MY AD CODE

I've tried different, more basic conditionals with the same issue.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'forum_list'">
MY AD CODE

Any suggestions?

There is a 'rotate every X posts' option that you would use. The advertisement code is not compiled into the templates, so any sort of xenforo markup will not work in it.

Regards,

Jake

There is a 'rotate every X posts' option that you would use. The advertisement code is not compiled into the templates, so any sort of xenforo markup will not work in it.

Regards,

Jake

I'm not sure that's feasible. For example, using that ad_message_below. In theory, you want to show that once per page. Ideally at the end of the first or second post. My preference is at the end of the second post. There is no option to do anything remotely close to this.

From your earlier post, I understood that hooks would work. Again, for example, I don't show leaderboard above_breadcrumb ads on the thread_view. I don't see a way to accomplish this using your add-on.

The ability to show based on mobile, tablet and desktop is great.

I definitely need more control. Are these features planned or coming soon?

Hi guys, is there a way to have banners side by side to occupy a banner location? For instance, having banners that are 300 x 300 at the "ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb" location, it's using the full width of the content (1170px). But the ad sits in the middle, with empty spaces on both sides. Being able to put 3 ads there - keeping it responsive - would be very useful.

Any way this can be done?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

We are facing an issue we spent hours investigating: nobody from admins or moderators can see any banner ads. If I create a new user (Registered), I can immediately see the banners without touching any permissions. We have people waiting to beta-test the forum so if you could contact me asap, there is something bizarre with the permission system we can't fix. (I'm also available via Skype).

Thank you!

Andre

Hi guys,

We are facing an issue we spent hours investigating: nobody from admins or moderators can see any banner ads. If I create a new user (Registered), I can immediately see the banners without touching any permissions. We have people waiting to beta-test the forum so if you could contact me asap, there is something bizarre with the permission system we can't fix. (I'm also available via Skype).

Thank you!

Andre

Hi there, have you tried running analyze permissions on the user that can't see them? If you want, create a ticket at Audentio.com with admin details and I'll take a look

Thank you Jake,

Yes, I ran analysis on an admin, and myself, and we both have all the permissions possible. New users created will see them, though.

I did post a ticket yesterday night, yes, but didn't leave admin details. It seems that any new member will see the ads anyways. But I'll give it a shot. In the meantime...

I see two "settings" tabs addressing permissions -
- Advertisement permissions
- User criteria

Synchronizing that with the Xenforo permission systems is confusing to me. So here's a question : if we want all the ads to be seen by everybody, regardless of their user status, how would we set these permissions in the addon? Right now nothing is checked on either of these tabs.

Fixing this is one thing, understanding how we got there is as important to us.

Thank you!

Last edited:
RESOLVED: All permission for banners must be set NO on hide advertisements on personal accounts Xenforo permission system) - and any associating groups, in our case Administrators. So we've set that to NO on hide advertisements and voila. We can now see them!

Hope this helps someone else... :)

REQUEST: Side by side ads?

We'd like to be able to use the below breadcrumb space to have two or 3 banners, depending on their size. I created a new advertisement spot, but I don't know that it's nearly enough. Usually the banners will sit alone in their spot, yes?

REQUEST: Side by side ads?

We'd like to be able to use the below breadcrumb space to have two or 3 banners, depending on their size. I created a new advertisement spot, but I don't know that it's nearly enough. Usually the banners will sit alone in their spot, yes?

We found a way to have a few ads side by side using html and css. They have to be set in a Custom Advertisement Options.

One issue I have right now is that the ads are not responsive. I can't find an option for this. Is there one, or does it depends of the image width size I setup? Should it be 100%?

Thank you Jake!

What could be the problem here?

1- we can read the @media code above the avatar
2- the text is in one column and not justified

responsiveissue3.webp

Last edited:
You likely put the media query inside a regular template (and outside of a style tag), and not a css template

How to add Adsense ads. I add one 728x90. Need to resize automatically to mobile users. Or are adding ad 2 units. supposed to be the conversion between the two. I'm in the wrong place but I did not know. Can you help?

Attachments

• tempFileForShare.webp
    tempFileForShare.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2015-04-27 21_39_00-cocukrehberinet - cocukreh@ftp.cocukrehberi.net - FileZilla.webp
    2015-04-27 21_39_00-cocukrehberinet - cocukreh@ftp.cocukrehberi.net - FileZilla.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 6
How to add Adsense ads. I add one 728x90. Need to resize automatically to mobile users. Or are adding ad 2 units. supposed to be the conversion between the two. I'm in the wrong place but I did not know. Can you help?

Having ad sense ads resize is against their tos. I know @Brogan posted a resource on responsive ad sense ads. Take a look at that

Top Bottom