[TH] Monetize Lite [Deleted]

Are you sure you have the correct adsense code?
I am very positive that I have the correct adsense code. Its definitely your addon that isn't working with the adsense. I have tried several other ad managers and the code works just fine with them......

For the AdSense issue, I'm getting this console error:
Code:
Uncaught Error: adsbygoogle.push(): All ins elements in the DOM with class=adsbygoogle already have ads in them.

Which (to my knowledge) has nothing to do with the ad manager, seems like something is set up wrong somewhere.
Mine was working perfectly on the previous version, and only broke when updating to 1.0.12

adsense is still not working with @xfrocks bdcache enabled anymore.

EDIT: adsbygoogle js has been whitelisted from the defer process, so I'm re-testing.

Last edited:
This "appears" to be working on mattwservices.co.uk, but I've just updated the other site I have this installed on, and nothing is displaying again.

upload_2015-3-13_10-0-15.webp

again, this was working perfectly before the update

upload_2015-3-13_10-1-28.webp

Matt,

I just went to britishmods.com and I'm able to see a few adsense advertisements

This is what I see:

j+XPwRgdrXKxwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.webp

-Jake

Attachments

• j+XPwRgdrXKxwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.webp
    j+XPwRgdrXKxwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.webp
    79.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Jake, I've just checked and I can also see them now. Not sure what is happening, as I tried in 3 different browsers (IE11, Chrome and Firefox, and on multiple PCs), and none of them were working earlier.

Thanks Jake, I've just checked and I can also see them now. Not sure what is happening, as I tried in 3 different browsers (IE11, Chrome and Firefox, and on multiple PCs), and none of them were working earlier.

That's odd, must've been some sort of weird caching

Ok, so I installed this and to try something really simple, I placed two ads in the upper sidebar set to rotate (want each showing 50% of the time)
Weight is set to 1 on both....

So, reloads of the page in multiple browsers - one of the ads comes up for a second and then it switches to the other. It would seem as every reload should simply load a random (weighted) of one of the two banners....

What am I doing or thinking wrong?

Oh, and speaking of that - is there any documentation?

Example I setup is upper right at http://www.droneflyers.com/talk

Edit - Ah, found the problem.....there was a "1" in the rotate field in the advertisement spots listing......maybe a good reason for some basic documentation about what each setting does in that list as opposed to the other (actual placed ads) listing?

Adsense worked fine - first time every time.
Has anyone tried Amazon CPM ads code? It's amazon's competitor to adsense with adsense fallback.

I gave it one shot and it either didn't display...or, in one case, made ALL the other ad spots go away!

In case folks are not familiar with Amazon CPM ads - they are available to any Amazon affiliate customers:
http://fatstacksblog.com/amazon-cpm-ad-network-review/

I'm really loving this add-on - just what I needed to get things in order now that I have some clients who want to buy direct ads (as opposed to adsense).

If I can throw one thing into the wishlist....not sure it's even possible, but it would be super! That would be to be able to place a call on the same domain outside of Xenforo using JS, URL, PHP etc. and get an ad to show out outside of XF, yet still be counted in stats, etc.
It would not need to have fancier settings...could be all global (as far as who can see it, etc.).

The original system which I used for 15 years was perl based (called webadverts) and it was pretty nifty in that manner, allowing ads to be anywhere on the domain. Ads could be inserted using either JS (mostly) or other methods (SSI).

In my case, I would use it for a position or two in Wordpress on the same server.

Which controller is best to hook into if I want to show a banner advert in the header on every page?

I don't see a relevant controller....??

Can you setup an ad position with multiple ads based on screen size? For example, if I have a 728x90 in ad_above_breadcrumb, I only want that to show when someone is viewing at a resolution that supports that ad. If someone is viewing on a mobile phone, I'd like to display a size and ad that's different. So to recap, I don't want my ads to be responsive. I want them changing based on the viewport.

Thanks!

Oh, and speaking of that - is there any documentation?

We are working on this but there definitely will be! :) We wanted to get the main product QA'd strongly enough to begin and I think we are there, no bugs reported in a long time.

Has anyone tried Amazon CPM ads code? It's amazon's competitor to adsense with adsense fallback.

Technically, this system should work with anything you want to give it as we don't do anything special with any specific ad service. That said, the next release should include an 'AdSense' type, not for any technical reason, but so that you can have permissions for all AdSense ads, as in if you wanted to exclude from a forum that contained too many swear words or adult content, or a position against Google's terms. Things like this.

If I can throw one thing into the wishlist....not sure it's even possible, but it would be super! That would be to be able to place a call on the same domain outside of Xenforo using JS, URL, PHP etc. and get an ad to show out outside of XF, yet still be counted in stats, etc.
It would not need to have fancier settings...could be all global (as far as who can see it, etc.).

Beyond copying and pasting the generated markup, what would you want this to do? These ads should work just fine outside of XenForo, but you have to copy and paste the markup produced. Not sure if there is a cleaner way of doing that, but it actually seems fine to me. It just won't update anything if you change it, you'll have to recopy the code. The only way this would work is if we built some kind of API.

I'm really loving this add-on - just what I needed to get things in order now that I have some clients who want to buy direct ads (as opposed to adsense).

Glad you like it!! :)

Which controller is best to hook into if I want to show a banner advert in the header on every page?

I don't see a relevant controller....??

ad_header should work, especially if you are using a UI.X product.

Can you setup an ad position with multiple ads based on screen size? For example, if I have a 728x90 in ad_above_breadcrumb, I only want that to show when someone is viewing at a resolution that supports that ad. If someone is viewing on a mobile phone, I'd like to display a size and ad that's different. So to recap, I don't want my ads to be responsive. I want them changing based on the viewport.

Thanks!

Yes entirely! Thats one of the main features of this add-on.

We are working on this but there definitely will be! :) We wanted to get the main product QA'd strongly enough to begin and I think we are there, no bugs reported in a long time.

Beyond copying and pasting the generated markup, what would you want this to do? These ads should work just fine outside of XenForo, but you have to copy and paste the markup produced. Not sure if there is a cleaner way of doing that, but it actually seems fine to me. It just won't update anything if you change it, you'll have to recopy the code. The only way this would work is if we built some kind of API.

This is gonna sound dumb.....but where is the generated markup?

In my older add-on it gave me a URL to copy and paste if I wanted to generate the ad anywhere on the site....example:
http://www.hearth.com/cgi-bin/gold.pl?;zone=gold

That same call could be JS or other methods - either way, it ends up loading whatever banners are speced for that particular "space" - and rotates them....

So perhaps this add-on could generate a php or other call which can be copied from the ACP and inserted elsewhere as ad code (like in wordpress, or on a static php page)?

This is gonna sound dumb.....but where is the generated markup?

In my older add-on it gave me a URL to copy and paste if I wanted to generate the ad anywhere on the site....example:
http://www.hearth.com/cgi-bin/gold.pl?;zone=gold

That same call could be JS or other methods - either way, it ends up loading whatever banners are speced for that particular "space" - and rotates them....

So perhaps this add-on could generate a php or other call which can be copied from the ACP and inserted elsewhere as ad code (like in wordpress, or on a static php page)?
Hmm I think that could likely be done, yeah. We could serve a page that generates all the ads for a particular zone, or ad location as we are calling them. It would serve them based on all the configurations normally set, such as other ads, weight, etc. but would naturally ignore user/node/XenForo specific criteria.

Im not sure when we can start building it but I think its a great idea.

Can this allow for 'x' number of posts before an ad is shown. For example, let's you say you want to place an ad in ad_message_below, but you want a minimum of 2 posts before it's shown. Is that possible?

If I purchase the standard version, can I pay the difference to move up to the branding-free option? I'd like to be sure this solution works for me, before committing to the brand-free option.

Top Bottom