[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

How were you upgrading? Did you upload a ZIP file or enter a URL? Did you get any error messages saying that it couldn't upload all the files correctly?
I uploaded the files, the upgraded with the xml file the old fashion way. Then the error popped up. :eek:

I uploaded the files, the upgraded with the xml file the old fashion way. Then the error popped up. :eek:
You just need to be a bit more careful when uploading files. It is nothing to do with this add-on and not really much we can do about it. Sorry.

... There is a new version of this add-on but it is not currently available to download from the XenForo Resource Manager. We are trying to decide how best to deal with situations like these.

Cool. I assumed that this was likely the case. Perhaps a colour variation to the alert block? Orange rather than red to indicate update is available, release is in progress...? Of course there could be A RED, YELLOW, GREEN variation to the blocks.
  • RED - Total
  • YELLOW - Pending Release
  • GREEN - Available

When installing with links or zip files, I get this

Unable to copy all files. Check permissions and reload page or upload manually to continue.

I saw someone post about this earlier in the thread, but they got no answer. Which permissions is it that need to be reviewed, and what should they be?

I saw someone post about this earlier in the thread, but they got no answer. Which permissions is it that need to be reviewed, and what should they be?
You need to check the file permissions of the files in the list and/or their respective directories. This is related to your server and not XenForo and the instructions vary from server to server. You also need to consider the security of your own server (i.e., you might not apply the same permissions on a shared server that you would on a dedicated server). As such, we don't provide instructions for this.

If you can't figure out how to do this for your server, then you will need to upload files manually.

Everything seems to work fine with this, however when I try and "Download Add-on" via the Controls, I get an error like this:

Server Error
Add-on ID must have two parts to use the download function (e.g. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade)

I thought that meant it was just some Add-ons I can't download, but all of them are giving that error. Any ideas?

Everything seems to work fine with this, however when I try and "Download Add-on" via the Controls, I get an error like this:

Server Error
Add-on ID must have two parts to use the download function (e.g. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade)

I thought that meant it was just some Add-ons I can't download, but all of them are giving that error. Any ideas?
Do your add-on ID's have two parts? A good test to see if this is working would be to download the Install & Upgrade add-on, if you have a problem doing this can you PM me some log-on details so I can have a look at your site.

Installation of this add-on is not successful:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : The table 'xf_install_upgrade_login' is full

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Waindigo/Install/20140226.php at line 727
  4. Waindigo_Install->_addUniqueKeys() in Waindigo/Install/20140226.php at line 239
  5. Waindigo_Install->_install() in Waindigo/Install/20140226.php at line 88
  6. Waindigo_Install::install()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/web1.v704.ncsrv.de/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

Just called the hoster. This board is running on a managed v-Server. There are 30 GB of free space available, no limits for the database. They were not able to find any limitation.

I tried to optimize all database tables -> mySQL crashed... then, after restarting the sever two times it works, and no one knows why^^

Unable to copy all files. Check permissions and reload page or upload manually to continue.

Same problem here for me. There has to be some directories where one has to set chmod permissions, but which of them?

Install and upgrade is a really great idea, good work, but I nearly can't install any add-on becaues of problems with CHMOD permissions. I've set any directory I can imagine to 777, and still problems with it.

e.g. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/quick-reply-preview.756/ :

Server Error
mkdir(): Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 72
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 36
  4. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->_extractFromArchive() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 21
  5. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->extractFromFile() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 19
  6. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 85
  8. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/web1.v704.ncsrv.de/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

So I have to open FTP program to set permissions (where?).

It's much easier for me to NOT use Install and Upgrade to install add-ons. I don't want to say "bad work", really like Install and Upgrade - but why do these errors appear only for some users, not all? There has to be a solution, never saw problems like that in 10 years of board administration and hardcore-modding since phpBB ~2.0.5.

Top Bottom