Implemented One-click install and upgrade styles

Russ

The addition of the one-click install for add-ons is a fantastic step-up for XF. To extend on that, having the ability to install/upgrade by uploading a style zip with the correct structure would be awesome. This could be kept simple to install or upgrade only parent styles or also be extended to install a child style if none is found while importing.

Even though all third-party styles are completely different, one thing that stands true between them all is that a child style is required to preserve edits.

As a bonus idea, XF could handle a backup of the old style of sorts that it could fall back onto during the process if things go bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 30
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was just thinking about how neat 1 click updates are to 2.1 just today @Alfa1. That would be quite an amazing feature to have that for styles. Would be amazing. Liked the post and my answer is yes I want to see it

I was just thinking about how neat 1 click updates are to 2.1 just today @Alfa1. That would be quite an amazing feature to have that for styles. Would be amazing. Liked the post and my answer is yes I want to see it
Yes, I am working with WordPress a lot these days and have gotten used to one click installs. Its awesome that XF has this as well for core and 3 click installs for addons. But for themes it still uses the old way. Would be nice to see that modernized as well.

Top Bottom