[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

Waindigo updated Install and Upgrade by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.8 released

New features:
  • Added option (enabled by default) to allow for skipping of XML import when updating an add-on if there is no change to the add-on version ID. No more waiting ages for caches to rebuild if it is not needed!
  • Added ability to check for solutions to errors recorded in the server error log. Solutions are checked against Waindigo servers through the same daily cron entry used for checking outdated add-ons or can be checked on demand.
  • Cron entry time is now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I got this error when i uploaded the files.. and I didnt get the upgrade box at the top .. so do i upload the xml or whats going on?

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting T_FUNCTION -library/Waindigo/Listener/LoadClass/20140906.php:170
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://www.rahstyles.net/forum/index.php?liveupdate"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["liveupdate"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(7) "/forum/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Sugesstion ... :)

I think it would be a nice thing, when we found a link to the resource in the list of outdated add-ons, so we can directly go from here to the add-on page to look, whats new or different. I think that will be better as every time search first the add-on page by hand ... ;)

install_01.webp

I tried contacting or pmin you on your forums and it did not work..

Could you please help me with this error if I give you admincp access pleasE?

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting T_FUNCTION -library/Waindigo/Listener/LoadClass/20140906.php:170
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://www.rahstyles.net/forum/index.php?liveupdate"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["liveupdate"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(7) "/forum/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I cannot select any of the outdated icons (it wont let me check the box) to update them. Do I have permissions setup incorrectly or something?

Having the same problem. Can't select the addon to be updated. Is this a function that is not fully available yet?

For upgrading XenForo - I want to run on our test install first - any known issue with how this will work with the license if I do it through this tool?

using a zip add-on and trying to install using option 1, however unfortunately i get the following :

The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

Was fine on previous release....

using a zip add-on and trying to install using option 1, however unfortunately i get the following :

The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

Was fine on previous release....

Is the add-on you are trying to install an upgrade to an existing one or a new one? I had one add-on recently when using @Chris D's installer that gave a similar issue. Turns out the add-on was not archived up correctly.

Is the add-on you are trying to install an upgrade to an existing one or a new one? I had one add-on recently when using @Chris D's installer that gave a similar issue. Turns out the add-on was not archived up correctly.

Hiya Tracy,

Was a new one that hadnt been installed before - installed manually and all was ok..

Just to add - Have disabled Install and upgrade, and can now install things no problems at all. Very strange - Anyone else getting strange behaviour over the last 1-2 releases??

I struggle with upgrading add-ons by AndyB. E.g. the Email Subscription add-on:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/email-subscription.3675/

I see no error messages, and once the upgrade completes the version number of the add-on has been incremented correctly. However, the upgrade process runs suspiciously quick without any template or phrase rebuilding etc. and most importantly, the add-on has stopped working.

I see the same behaviour with suspiciously quick upgrades with all his add-ons, and they seem to stop working after the upgrade.

Given that AndyB has an impressive number of add-ons, it would be particularly nice if your Install and Upgrade add-on could handle them.

I struggle with upgrading add-ons by AndyB. E.g. the Email Subscription add-on:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/email-subscription.3675/

I see no error messages, and once the upgrade completes the version number of the add-on has been incremented correctly. However, the upgrade process runs suspiciously quick without any template or phrase rebuilding etc. and most importantly, the add-on has stopped working.

I see the same behaviour with suspiciously quick upgrades with all his add-ons, and they seem to stop working after the upgrade.

Given that AndyB has an impressive number of add-ons, it would be particularly nice if your Install and Upgrade add-on could handle them.
There is an option in this add-on "Skip XML import if add-on version ID is unchanged" which is enabled by default.

Unfortunately, @AndyB is not changing the version ID in each version of his add-ons. This is really bad practice and will stop Install and Upgrade by Waindigo from noticing that it has been updated. The only option is to disable the above option (at least temporarily).

Perhaps you could encourage @AndyB to update the version ID in his add-ons?

When I try to upgrade XenForo using this, I get the error that it is "unable to create temporary directory."

Where is it trying to create this temporary directory? I can't for the life of me find it in any of the logs. I have done chmod 777 to literally my entire XenForo install directory to see if it's in there, and I still get the error.

When I try to upgrade XenForo using this, I get the error that it is "unable to create temporary directory."

Where is it trying to create this temporary directory? I can't for the life of me find it in any of the logs. I have done chmod 777 to literally my entire XenForo install directory to see if it's in there, and I still get the error.
Do you have enough hard disk space? It may not be permissions.

Is there a reason why the check boxes next to my outdated addons can not be checked? Is this a permission thing? I am pretty sure asked about this at some spoint in time. just wondering if auto update addons actually works.

Is there a reason why the check boxes next to my outdated addons can not be checked? Is this a permission thing? I am pretty sure asked about this at some spoint in time. just wondering if auto update addons actually works.
For now, this feature only works if you install an add-on using a URL.

Top Bottom