• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cannot reproduce Text editor problem

Hi everybody,

I don't know if I'm the only who encountered this problem but I will just explain it here.

When I copy text from another site which formatting is like this:
Code:
First
- blabla
- blabla

Second
- blabla
- blabla

and I put that in a spoiler it comes like this:
Code:
First - blabla - blable Second - blabla - blabla ...
Is this already fixed by a patch or something?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Which spoiler are you using?

XenForo doesn't come with spoiler BB Code.

I just tested it with King Kovifor's BBCM add-on and it worked fine.

spoiler2.PNG

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
As Mike says, it also depends on how the text is formatted where it was copied from.

Try copying the text in your first post, that worked for me.

Well it still didn't work. The text in my first post is an example. http://multiconsole.nl/index.php?threads/psp-release-adventure-game-studio-r5.795/
If u look in the link above u see the spoiler and it still deletes the enters or magically disappear ;).

I put the text in notepad (to delete the formatting) and copied it from there and it still doesn't work. I tried to put the text in code tags and copy it and that didn't work either.

And I don't know if the text editor is the same at our site, but imo it's a bit buggy. When I try to edit my own posts, I encounter 3 enters where I have written only one. I don't speak English so I don't know how u guys call it. I have the same problem when editing other people's posts.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I can't reproduce this outside of a spoiler tag. Can you? If you can't, then it's surely an issue with how the tag has been implemented.