XF 1.2 Test Upgrade Instructions?

MKSwni

Hi,

I'm trying to update my site from 1.2.0 to 1.2.4 but first I want to run a test upgrade.
I've read some relevant posts through the search function and found the following steps:

1.) Create a new database
2.) Upload Xenforo installation files onto the server*
3.) Specify database username and info in the Xenforo installer
4.) Install XF
5.) Import content from your forum over (if you want; in this case I don't need any content. Just styles and add-ons).

My question is this:

-*I created a new database in cPanel but do I just transfer the Xenforo installation files onto the server? I don't want to replace anything in my server files at all, especially since that's tied to the live site.
-How do I set up what URL the test site will be available at?

Thanks for your help.

To duplicate your current site:

• Create a new database with a different database name, user name and password
  • Export your current live database and import it into your new test database
  • Create a new directory on your server, e.g. /test
  • Copy all of the files from your current live site to /test
  • Edit the /library/config.php file in your new /test directory and change the database details to match your new test database
  • Add the below code to your new /test directory /library/config.php file
PHP:
$config['enableMail'] = false;

$config['cookie'] = array(
'prefix' => 'test_',
'path' => '/',
'domain' => ''
);

Don't forget that the test installation should be password protected to stop others from accessing it.
You can do that with .htaccess - copy the instructions here but apply it to the root directory instead: http://xenforo.com/community/resour...and-the-install-directory-using-htaccess.353/

Top Bottom