• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Template titles must be unique. The specified title is already in use.

mrb1972

I have created a 1.2 style on my test board but when I try to import it to my live 1.2 site I get the error

Template titles must be unique. The specified title is already in use.

I only have the default style installed on my live site, anyone know how to fix the problem or tell which template it thinks is already in use?

Thanks

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I think this may actually be an indication of something in the upgrade failing. Can you run this query via phpMyAdmin?

SHOW CREATE TABLE xf_template;

mrb1972

Just a couple of the Default ones - Footer, Header, PAGE CONTAINER and few templates linked to an add-on I use - I used the TMS system to make the edits

mrb1972

I think this may actually be an indication of something in the upgrade failing. Can you run this query via phpMyAdmin?

SHOW CREATE TABLE xf_template;
Is this was you wanted?

CREATE TABLE `xf_template` (
`template_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
`title` varbinary(50) NOT NULL,
`style_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
`template` mediumtext NOT NULL COMMENT 'User-editable HTML and template syntax',
`template_parsed` mediumblob NOT NULL,
`addon_id` varbinary(25) NOT NULL default '',
`version_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`version_string` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
`disable_modifications` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`last_edit_date` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`template_id`),
UNIQUE KEY `title_style_id` (`title`,`style_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=2867 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Hmm ok, that looks fine. I'm not sure how this would happen out of the box.

However, you mentioned using TMS (the add-on, I assume), so it may very well be related to that. Try disabling it and reimporting the style.

mrb1972

Ok apologies, it's nothing to do with the default TMS system, I forgot I had installed the "bolt-on" 3rd party TMS add-on, it seems that is causing the issue, I have managed to work around it..

Thanks