XF 2.2 Cannot declare class ...because the name is already in use in src/XF/Extension.php at line 171

bzcomputers

I've got this error popping up on my Resource Manage pages after I recently updated an add-on...

The full error is: ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Cannot declare class Siropu\AdsManager\XFRM\Pub\Controller\XFCP_ResourceItem, because the name is already in use in src/XF/Extension.php at line 171.

Further looking into it the error and the XenForo file referenced src/XF/Extension.php at line 171. When going to that location, in extension.php, I do see notations in the XenForo file saying "// TODO: there may be a situation where this fails. If we've changed the extensions after classes have
// been loaded, it's possible these classes will already be loaded with a different config. Figure out
// how to handle that if possible. Remains to be seen if it comes up (mostly relating to add-on imports)."

I've had to completely disable my Resource Manager now (been over 2 weeks on a live site) since the error began occurring. Yes, I reported the issue to the add-on author and also opened a ticket with XenForo but at this point I haven't gotten any solutions or suggestions. Just putting this out there to get a few more eyes on it and see if someone else with a little more XenForo programming knowledge than me might be able to point me in the right direction to getting this fixed. Thanks.

bzcomputers

We're getting this error with multiple plugins now...
Was there ever a solution to this?
Yes. @Chris D found that when this error was showing up the add-on in question had duplicate class extensions. The duplicate extension tries to apply the same class a second time which is why you see the error.

The good thing is, it is a simple fix. You just delete the duplicate class extension(s) and rebuild the add-on. Do this by enabling "Development" mode and going to "Class Extensions" option and looking through the list. You should not see any duplicates of a class extension within the same add-on. If there is delete the duplicate(s) and then go to the add-on an select "rebuild".

class-extensons-1.jpg

class extensions-2.jpg class-extensons-3.jpg

The confusing part is he is not sure why it happened and sounded as if he may have not come across the issue before. This was just a couple days ago and now your're reporting the same issue so this issue may be becoming more prevalent.

The two add-ons that had duplicate extensions for me were:
Ads Manager 2
[cv6] NodeIcons

Not saying there is an issue with either add-on. It just might be a good idea for those of us that do come across this issue to keep track of the add-ons displaying this issue in case it is something that can be addressed from the add-on side itself. XenForo may also be able to implement a check for duplicate extensions if this becomes more wide spread.

Last edited: