Resource icon

Template Syntax 1.6.1b

No permission to download
Doesn't appear to be the case. Doesn't work with just EXTRA.css but works with just account.css for example. Interesting thing about tabs though is template syntax just disappears if I switch tabs. When I first load the template the syntax highlighting is done, I change tabs and the new one has no highlighting, switch back to the original/main tab and it too no longer has highlighting.

Switch tab:

Switch back:

I've been trying to reproduce your issues but have so far been unable to do so. Could you tell me what browser and os you are using? Also, are you receiving any javascript errors when the problems occur?

Thanks

I've been trying to reproduce your issues but have so far been unable to do so. Could you tell me what browser and os you are using? Also, are you receiving any javascript errors when the problems occur?

Thanks
Latest Firefox and Chrome, Windows 7 x64. Watching console and the only thing I noticed was this:

This appears when I attempt to load the EXTRA.css

Edit: It appears to have that 404 get request on any template, also in the list of templates it appears as well.

Edit: It chrome switching tabs keeps the syntax highlighting.

Edit: Here's what chrome's console spits out when I'm loading a template and switching around the tabs a bit, also loading the full screen overlay.

20120415212918596.jpeg

That CSS file not loading is ok, I need to remove that dependency.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in that log either.

Do you have the issue on other browsers too?

That CSS file not loading is ok, I need to remove that dependency.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in that log either.

Do you have the issue on other browsers too?
I've tested with Firefox (Latest), Chrome (Latest), and Internet Explorer (9.0.6, latest?), but yes the issues exist on all, except for the switching tabs issue. Losing the syntax highlighting when switching a tab only seems to occur in Firefox. The rest are present in all browsers.

When I switch tabs in Firefox and I lose the syntax highlighting, this is what console spits out:
20120415222846455.jpeg

The 3 in red being from me switching between the tabs 3 times. Not sure if this helps.

When attempting to load EXTRA.css in firefox, this is what we get:
20120415222948978.jpeg

All chrome spits out when loading Extra.css is this:
20120415223047747.jpeg

I've tested with Firefox (Latest), Chrome (Latest), and Internet Explorer (9.0.6, latest?), but yes the issues exist on all, except for the switching tabs issue. Losing the syntax highlighting when switching a tab only seems to occur in Firefox. The rest are present in all browsers.

When I switch tabs in Firefox and I lose the syntax highlighting, this is what console spits out:

The 3 in red being from me switching between the tabs 3 times. Not sure if this helps.

When attempting to load EXTRA.css in firefox, this is what we get:

All chrome spits out when loading Extra.css is this:

Latest update should fix the tab switch problem and possibly your other issue as well, though as I have been unable to reproduce it I can't tell for certain if it has been solved.

It should also fix the css file not being able to load.

Latest update should fix the tab switch problem and possibly your other issue as well, though as I have been unable to reproduce it I can't tell for certain if it has been solved.

It should also fix the css file not being able to load.
Tabs in firefox are now fixed via latest update, however the EXTRA.css still fails to load in all browsers. There's other small .css files that don't load either (message_simple.css for example). Again can't see any relation between these files and what would cause them not to appear, yet others with similar content/size do appear.

To give you a little more data from the templates I tested:

These don't load/appear
Extra.css
message_simple.css
xenforo_overlay.css
xenforo_popup.css
xenforo_sections.css
message_user_info.css
xenforo.css
thread_list

These do load:
xenforo_reset.css
xenforo_tabs.css
xenforo_columns.css
report.css
thread_list_item
thread_list_item_deleted
thread_list_item_preview
thread_move
thread_delete

Almost all non-css templates seem to load from the ones I've tested... I didn't check them all of course, thread_list was the only non-css template I came across that didn't load however.

The transparent overlay is also fixed. It appears the only withstanding issue is some templates not loading for some reason.

Thanks for the update.

Tabs in firefox are now fixed via latest update, however the EXTRA.css still fails to load in all browsers. There's other small .css files that don't load either (message_simple.css for example). Again can't see any relation between these files and what would cause them not to appear, yet others with similar content/size do appear.

To give you a little more data from the templates I tested:

These don't load/appear
Extra.css
message_simple.css
xenforo_overlay.css
xenforo_popup.css
xenforo_sections.css
message_user_info.css
xenforo.css
thread_list

These do load:
xenforo_reset.css
xenforo_tabs.css
xenforo_columns.css
report.css
thread_list_item
thread_list_item_deleted
thread_list_item_preview
thread_move
thread_delete

Almost all non-css templates seem to load from the ones I've tested... I didn't check them all of course, thread_list was the only non-css template I came across that didn't load however.

The transparent overlay is also fixed. It appears the only withstanding issue is some templates not loading for some reason.

Thanks for the update.

Oddly I really cannot reproduce the issue you described where some templates randomly fail to load. I thought it may be related to a slow server response time, but even after simulating a 56k connection speed it still works without fail for me.

Any additional info you can give me would be much appreciated, at the moment I can't do anything as I am unable to identify the problem.

My only guess would be some other addon is modifying the admin templates... not sure how I could narrow this down without disrupting my live install. I'll probably throw up a dev install and try just this addon and see if I still notice any issues. Thanks for your time & effort at looking into it. I'll certainly post any findings if I come across something.

I have also experienced templates that fail to load. It shows for a quick second but then goes blank and nothing can be entered.

I have also experienced templates that fail to load. It shows for a quick second but then goes blank and nothing can be entered.
a hah, I'm not alone! Same behavior happens for me, it'll show for a brief second and then it goes blank, as if it's there just being hidden behind some weird js/css behavior on codemirror's part or something. :confused:

Still can't find any connection between the templates that fail to display.

May I ask what browser and OS you are using?

Also, any addons that you guys are using that may interfere with TMS?

If either of you would be willing to give me temporary access to your admin panel so I can try to reproduce the bug that'd be much appreciated, as I said I've had no luck reproducing it on my environments :(

May I ask what browser and OS you are using?

Also, any addons that you guys are using that may interfere with TMS?

If either of you would be willing to give me temporary access to your admin panel so I can try to reproduce the bug that'd be much appreciated, as I said I've had no luck reproducing it on my environments :(
Here's something interesting I just found:

20120418211851777.jpeg

1 - This is the contents of Extra.css, just all minified looking.
2 - The textarea it's in has a css display property of none.

Commenting out the display shows the code, but no syntax highlighting.

2012041821205780.jpeg

On a fresh install of XF using only Template Syntax, I copied the contents of Extra.CSS and pasted it into the Extra.CSS on the fresh install, Template Syntax displays it fine but it doesn't open a full screen overlay for some reason (doesn't do a full screen overlay in any of them actually - both my live site and dev install are running the same version of Template Syntax).

20120418212553108.jpeg

Pretty odd.

Another difference other than the fresh/dev install not being able to have a full screen overlay, is it doesn't wrap the content like my live install does (where the full screen overlay works):

20120418213312989.jpeg

20120418213335327.jpeg

I've been going down the list of installed addons on my Live install, disabling them, and trying to load the extra.css to see if anything's conflicting. So far I've found nothing, I'll update this post if by the time I'm done any of them show any sign of change, but it isn't looking very promising thus far. Not sure what could be causing the differences, but it's also quite odd that the fresh install's overlay isn't working. :confused:

I'm guessing you're trying to maximize with shift-ctrl-f, the latest update changed this shortcut to shift-ctrl-m.

As for the loading issue, it looks like CM might be initialized too soon (before the textarea is populated), though I have code in place that should prevent this.

Can you try executing the following with firebug when you are encountering the problem:

Code:
$(".CodeMirror").data("CodeMirror").setValue($(".CodeMirror").data("textarea").val());

If my assumptions are correct the template should load.

I'm guessing you're trying to maximize with shift-ctrl-f, the latest update changed this shortcut to shift-ctrl-m.

As for the loading issue, it looks like CM might be initialized too soon (before the textarea is populated), though I have code in place that should prevent this.

Can you try executing the following with firebug when you are encountering the problem:

Code:
$(".CodeMirror").data("CodeMirror").setValue($(".CodeMirror").data("textarea").val());

If my assumptions are correct the template should load.
Sorry, by full screen overlay I just meant the overlay that automatically appears when you click on a section of code, it expands into the overlay which is a larger view of the code. The only keyboard shortcuts I've used are the search ones, so far.

As for the loading issue, your assumptions were correct!
20120418224018696.jpeg

Works for when the overlay opens and displays blank code as well, I just input that line into console again and it shows in the overlay.

Sorry, by full screen overlay I just meant the overlay that automatically appears when you click on a section of code, it expands into the overlay which is a larger view of the code. The only keyboard shortcuts I've used are the search ones, so far.

As for the loading issue, your assumptions were correct!

Works for when the overlay opens and displays blank code as well, I just input that line into console again and it shows in the overlay.

Perfect, I'll patch the code and release an update.

As for the overlay, by default the overlay does not show on click, you have to enable it in the options.

Perfect, I'll patch the code and release an update.

As for the overlay, by default the overlay does not show on click, you have to enable it in the options.
Ah that explains it, glad it was something simple right under my nose. I'll test out the latest update and report back.

Edit: No dice :( - Same loading issues.

Wou
Ah that explains it, glad it was something simple right under my nose. I'll test out the latest update and report back.

Edit: No dice :( - Same loading issues.

Would you mind adding me on gtalk so we can attempt to fix this more dynamically (without me having to "release" a new version to see if it works :p).

My gtalk: n.rijksen-at-gmail.com (replace -at- with @ of course).

Top Bottom