Resource icon

Template Syntax 1.6.1b

No permission to download
Sounds like a caching issue of some sort. The current version does not append version strings to the url's so that would explain it. I'll add it to the next version.

Just ran into a bug with the save keybinding that basically didn't save the template if you are in maximized mode. Pushed a fix on Github but don't have time to update on XF right now, in the meantime you can grab the fixed version straight from github.

How does this template edit for the syntax highlighter fair on black/dark website layouts? Is it configurable?

How does this template edit for the syntax highlighter fair on black/dark website layouts? Is it configurable?

As with most addons it is made for the default theme, that is not to say it won't work with non-default admin themes but I can't possibly provide support for every possible custom theme out there.

I don't suspect you'll have any problems with either a bright or a dark theme though, provided that they use the XenForo appearance properties as intended.

Thank you Naatan, I think you are one of the most supportive developers :D.

By the way, can you support more key bindings like Tab or Ctrl + Space or ... Can you make a tutorial about how to add more key bindings manually?

I'm not asking you to support my custom made theme.

Let me be more specific.

Are the colors used for this mod configurable? Or, are the color codes used in the actual plugin available for manual hard-file editing? I don't mind editing the syntax to get the result I want, but if the colors are controlled from another website or resource, then I don't want to waste my time.

Thank you for your time.

Let me be more specific.

Are the colors used for this mod configurable? Or, are the color codes used in the actual plugin available for manual hard-file editing? I don't mind editing the syntax to get the result I want, but if the colors are controlled from another website or resource, then I don't want to waste my time.

Thank you for your time.
Do you mean the color codes for syntax highlighting (background-color, color, or font-weight of special functions?). I think that those color codes can be edited in js/codemirror/

I'll be putting this through its paces later on tonight and report back. One little bug I did find was that when going from full screen to normal you lose the undo/redo buffer. I assume you do element cloning, this would cause it. I don't really like how you have done fullscreen either, I'll try think of a better way if there is one...

Naatan updated Template Syntax with a new update entry:

TMS integration & more

• Will now work on TMS search & replace fields
  • Added CodeMirror find & replace functionality, more information here
  • Template Syntax will now use the url used in your browser rather than the one configured in XF, to avoid problems for users that have not properly configured their XF installation (thanks guiltar)
  • Fixed maximize not occupying full screen when editing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you Naatan, I think you are one of the most supportive developers :D.

By the way, can you support more key bindings like Tab or Ctrl + Space or ... Can you make a tutorial about how to add more key bindings manually?

I'll see what I can do, you can always enable debug mode temporarily to force your own value.

Let me be more specific.

Thank you for your time.

They are themes provided by CodeMirror, you'll have to check their website to see what you can do about customizing them.

I'll be putting this through its paces later on tonight and report back. One little bug I did find was that when going from full screen to normal you lose the undo/redo buffer. I assume you do element cloning, this would cause it. I don't really like how you have done fullscreen either, I'll try think of a better way if there is one...

I can't please everyone, I personally like the way the "fullscreen" setting works. Any other implementation would in turn displease other people. The addon is under MIT license so you are free to customize it any way you see fit :)

You're right about the Undo buffer. I will fix this in the next version.

Latest version is showing some oddities for me. In larger template files, it doesn't appear to show:

kno1l.jpg

And the overlay is pretty transparent:
XxxQj.jpg

20Crw.jpg

(shows code in smaller files)

Not sure if this is just me or what.

Love the other changes with the update though. (y)

Latest version is showing some oddities for me. In larger template files, it doesn't appear to show:

And the overlay is pretty transparent:

(shows code in smaller files)

Not sure if this is just me or what.

Love the other changes with the update though. (y)

That's odd, it only happens with larger files? Any idea how many lines these files contain?

Thanks

That's odd, it only happens with larger files? Any idea how many lines these files contain?

Thanks
The EXTRA.css file I tested has 2453 lines. It was able to display this file in previous versions.

It doesn't appear to just be large files though... it also won't show one that has 263 lines I've discovered. I can't seem to figure out why it shows some templates but not others, there's no correlation.

Okay after using it a bit I can tell you why I don't use it any longer.

My issues
  • Full screen was useful except for the fact that I can't use the tabs... which would have been okay if it wasn't for the undo buffer errors
  • Undo buffer errors again could be very frustrating (just saying, I know you said you will fix it)
  • I don't know how much things can be customized with it but I know that the auto complete was driving me insane, guessing I can just turn it off in a JS file?
I had planned something like this for a while and had a bookmark of a good syntax highlighter. I had researched them all, including the one you use and this one just seemed much better and more lightweight. It was on google code, that is all I can remember :/ I'll go searching for it now.

Edit: this one... now that I look at it it might not be for what you/we want... might just be for things like [ code] blocks. http://code.google.com/p/google-code-prettify/

Edit2: http://softwaremaniacs.org/blog/2011/05/22/highlighters-comparison/en/
Just read that. And by the looks of this it isn't something you can use at all because it doesn't allow editing etc like you want. Good read regardless.

The EXTRA.css file I tested has 2453 lines. It was able to display this file in previous versions.

It doesn't appear to just be large files though... it also won't show one that has 263 lines I've discovered. I can't seem to figure out why it shows some templates but not others, there's no correlation.

Could it be that it happens with templates without tabs but not for templates with tabs?

Okay after using it a bit I can tell you why I don't use it any longer.

My issues
  • Full screen was useful except for the fact that I can't use the tabs... which would have been okay if it wasn't for the undo buffer errors
  • Undo buffer errors again could be very frustrating (just saying, I know you said you will fix it)
  • I don't know how much things can be customized with it but I know that the auto complete was driving me insane, guessing I can just turn it off in a JS file?
I had planned something like this for a while and had a bookmark of a good syntax highlighter. I had researched them all, including the one you use and this one just seemed much better and more lightweight. It was on google code, that is all I can remember :/ I'll go searching for it now.

Edit: this one... now that I look at it it might not be for what you/we want... might just be for things like [ code] blocks. http://code.google.com/p/google-code-prettify/

Edit2: http://softwaremaniacs.org/blog/2011/05/22/highlighters-comparison/en/
Just read that. And by the looks of this it isn't something you can use at all because it doesn't allow editing etc like you want. Good read regardless.

Thanks, as said I will fix the undo issue in the next version, as for tabs in fullscreen, I have been thinking about this as well, will see what I can do about it.

For your auto-complete issue; you can turn features on and off in the Options screen.

There are many syntax highlighter available, the one you linked to is also one of my favourites, but a simple syntax highlighter is miles away from an editor with syntax highlighting, for which there are far fewer options out there. CodeMirror is a good product but is not without it's issues, unfortunately there aren't really any better alternatives that I've found, and the issues CodeMirror has are fairly negligible.

Edit: Actually, I assumed you were linking to this one: http://code.google.com/p/syntaxhighlighter/ - which is the one I favour for static highlighting.

Could it be that it happens with templates without tabs but not for templates with tabs?

Doesn't appear to be the case. Doesn't work with just EXTRA.css but works with just account.css for example. Interesting thing about tabs though is template syntax just disappears if I switch tabs. When I first load the template the syntax highlighting is done, I change tabs and the new one has no highlighting, switch back to the original/main tab and it too no longer has highlighting.

4yCmS.jpg

Switch tab:
VSrZn.jpg

Switch back:
toBDi.jpg

Doesn't appear to be the case. Doesn't work with just EXTRA.css but works with just account.css for example. Interesting thing about tabs though is template syntax just disappears if I switch tabs. When I first load the template the syntax highlighting is done, I change tabs and the new one has no highlighting, switch back to the original/main tab and it too no longer has highlighting.

Switch tab:

Switch back:

Thanks for the info, I will look into it and release an update this weekend. For now I suggest you downgrade to 1.4.

Top Bottom