Fixed Template modification hasPermission problem

AndyB

Affected version
2.0.0 Beta 1
Appears when I try to use "userAgent" as opposed to "userAgentGroup" the hasPermission is never matched in the Template modification.

This works, but I would rather use "userAgent" if possible.

1504896324070.webp

Yes I'm changing the Permission group accordingly.

1504896418411.webp

I ran into this issue again, the symptom is the permission does not work if you use the same ID for both the Interface group ID and also Permission group.

Please provide and error message if a developer tries to use the same ID fro both Interface group ID and Permission group.

Last edited:
I can't reproduce anything that you're reporting here.

I've done the following. Created a permission interface group with an ID of "test". Created a permission with an ID of "test", set the group ID to "test" and set the interface group to the one created previously "test".

No errors here, and there shouldn't be. None of this is invalid.

I've then created a simple template modification in a similar way:

1505811635592.webp

Which saves correctly:

1505811675960.webp

And displays correctly:

1505811706042.webp

So, something else is going on here. We'd need more detailed reproduction steps to be able to go any further,

Thank you for looking into this Chris. I have noticed it works fine to have the Interface group ID and Permission group ID as the same name, that is until you disable the add-on and then re-enable the add-on, at this point the Template modification no longer works.

Please confirm whether this is still an issue in beta 3. There are some potentially related fixes.

Hello @Chris D !
So I followed along with this permission test, but I see its not working at all in Microsoft Edge browser.

Last edited:
What specifically is not working, in what way is it not working (an error?), and what are the steps to reproduce it?

Top Bottom