• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a notification in the page title and/or favicon (and only on the full/popup shoutbox), but I think most people will agree a sound would be annoying.

Plus the shoutbox doesn't refresh at all when the page isn't in focus, so any form of notification would mean increased server load.
But how about an option to enable sound? Right now it is very hard to know if there are any new messages in the chat when you're browsing internet.

I was doing some edits and noticed this in the dark_taigachat_full template:
Code:
<xen:sidebar>

<xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<xen:include template="dark_sidebar" />

<xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />

</xen:sidebar>

However, there is no dark_sidebar template so presumably that's some old code which should be removed?

I edited the TaigaChat.php file but where would I edit the route exactly?

Assuming you've changed the route prefix via the Development tab in debug mode, all you should need to do after that is change line 9 of library/Dark/TaigaChat/Route/Prefix/TaigaChat.php to have 'chat' (or whatever) in place of 'taigachat'.

I was doing some edits and noticed this in the dark_taigachat_full template:
Code:

<xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<xen:include template="dark_sidebar" />

<xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />

However, there is no dark_sidebar template so presumably that's some old code which should be removed?

That's some extra code for my forum that I should really move to a child template - noted for the next release :)

Could there be a way to enter line breaks with Shift + Enter? Trying to do so now just submits the message.

Is there really much demand for that? I can't say I've ever felt the need for a new line in a shoutbox message.

Assuming you've changed the route prefix via the Development tab in debug mode, all you should need to do after that is change line 9 of library/Dark/TaigaChat/Route/Prefix/TaigaChat.php to have 'chat' (or whatever) in place of 'taigachat'.
I couldn't seem to get that to work - the page half loaded but it kept throwing an error.
I didn't have time to look into it further though.

Assuming you've changed the route prefix via the Development tab in debug mode, all you should need to do after that is change line 9 of library/Dark/TaigaChat/Route/Prefix/TaigaChat.php to have 'chat' (or whatever) in place of 'taigachat'

Hi Darkimmortal,

Sorry if this has been answered but I didnt have time to look through all the pages. Is there a way to get the shoutbox in the XenPortal sidebar? Ive created a few modules for other things that worked fine but I cant get this module to even show up. I am using
Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />
to call the shoutbox but nothing appears, any ideas? thanks mate.

Hi Darkimmortal,

Sorry if this has been answered but I didnt have time to look through all the pages. Is there a way to get the shoutbox in the XenPortal sidebar? Ive created a few modules for other things that worked fine but I cant get this module to even show up. I am using
Code:
to call the shoutbox but nothing appears, any ideas? thanks mate.
You actually might want to ask this question in the Portal thread. I'm thinking that Jaxel might have a better idea of what code to use to bring the chatbox into his portal code.

Hi, i'm trying to get the shoutbox working on the "whats new" page with little success i've placed the following code at the bottom of the "find new threads" template but it doesnt appear.

Code:

Hi anyone,

Thanks to the OP for creating such nice addons! :)

I can't get the chatbox to show up anywhere?
I installed everything perfectly as instructed, the addon shows up, everything should be fine.
It's activated and so on.

My question:
If I want to place it in the sidebar below all other "widgets", in which part of the code do I have to put the following code in?

Code:

The instructions aren't clear for me (step 3).

Add the template include code to forum_list either above or below the sidebar_online_users include (whatever you feel looks best):
Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />Or, if you want the shoutbox above or below your forum list, add the following code to forum_list:

Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>
Either just before or just after:

Code:

<xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>

I highlighted the part I don't understand in red.

I would be happy if someone could point me into the right direction :)
I really want to include this good looking chatbox.

Thanks immortal.

- Joël

My question:
If I want to place it in the sidebar below all other "widgets", in which part of the code do I have to put the following code in?

Code:

In that case put that code in the forum_list template after:

Code:
<!-- end block: forum_stats -->

In that case put that code in the forum_list template after:

Code:
<!-- end block: forum_stats -->
Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

Sadly, it doesn't show up... Is there something missing?
confused.png

I'm really not a novice when it comes to such things, but this is strange
frown.png

I did it and removed the old code in PAGE_CONTAINER (i had "<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />" there)

- Joël.

Have you set the permissions to view and use chat?

The options are at the bottom of the permissions page for each usergroup.

Have you set the permissions to view and use chat?

The options are at the bottom of the permissions page for each usergroup.
Brogan, you are the man! :)

This fixed it. Thanks a lot and sorry for my ignorance.

// EDIT
I set the permissions correctly for each group [view + shout].

I can't post any shout... ?

Is it just you that can't post? If you test the permissions of one of your members or make a test account does that work? And do you see the message text box at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom