• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's a forum setting for it, but I mean every user being able to individually resize the shoutbox for themselves whenever they want to :p
ooooohhhh, I see. Would that even be possible? The sidebar width would have to be edited, but that can only go up to a certain width.

Unless, of course, you use only the shoutbox page, and not the sidebar.

There's only one feature that would be kinda nice in my opinion, ability for user to resize the chatbox.
All of the css is in this template: dark_taigachat.css

By editing that you can make the chat page/windows appear exactly how you want.

ooooohhhh, I see. Would that even be possible? The sidebar width would have to be edited, but that can only go up to a certain width.

Unless, of course, you use only the shoutbox page, and not the sidebar.
True. Personally using the shoutbox page, but can see how it might be hard. Just an idea anyways

All of the css is in this template: dark_taigachat.css

By editing that you can make the chat page/windows appear exactly how you want.
I'm presuming it'd take atleast JS edits to do what I mean - I don't want to customize it or change the height/width (already did), I want to make it possible for users to resize the shoutbox individually (eg click the shoutbox, drag it, and it you can change the height as user). :p

There's only one feature that would be kinda nice in my opinion, ability for user to resize the chatbox. Can be useful for shouted images/videos for instance; similar to the way it's possible in IP.Shoutbox.

So like a click+drag to resize kind of thing?

Edit: Ninja'd :P

Funny you should mention this, as I was thinking the other day about requesting this mod be extended even if I had to pay DM to do it, but I would really love the ability to 'archive' the shout box into a thread somehow..

We have always had a Fellowship thread running, it's a random, all other discussion thread and my members like the chat box and wondered if it could be incorporated into a thread like the fellowship thread is we have running now.

So I would like to request this mod be extended, if possible to 'archive' or auto post to a defined thread.

Jamie

Not sure about posting to a thread (could get long and difficult to read) - how about a proper archive page with the standard chatbox layout?

So like a click+drag to resize kind of thing?

Not sure about posting to a thread (could get long and difficult to read) - how about a proper archive page with the standard chatbox layout?
Hopefully they'll both be ACP options as I wouldn't have any use for either of those.
If people want to resize the chat window then they can use the popup and resize it to suit.

Hopefully they'll both be ACP options as I wouldn't have any use for either of those.
If people want to resize the chat window then they can use the popup and resize it to suit.

You've got a point there actually, might be a bit of overkill.

Sometimes I miss a feature to clear all the recent shouts in the shoutbox. Only if there were a command that allows us to do that. This could save a lot of time when we try to delete multiple shouts.

You can do that with an SQL command very easily if you're comfortable doing so.

Code:
delete from dark_taigachat where date<1291860434

Change the 1291860434 to suit

It's not really required though as DI has coded a cron task to do that for you:
Automatic cron cleanup (truncates to 1000 latest messages)

One other thing, sorry to be a pain :D

Can you set links posted in chat as target="_blank" ?

Edit: Ignore that last, they already are :)

One small problem I've found is the text entry on the popup is below the chat messages, despite Reverse Direction being unticked.

One thing that would be nice, if possible, would be a character counter (such as the status one has)??

Just use this to add it wherever you want:
Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />
I've tried that.. and my taigachat doesn't show up at all.

That is why I am looking for some kind of 'official' instructions.

It works fine in xf's own sidebar through.

And it is xenporta I want it in. Not xportal :)

I understand that the length of it could get out of hand, but couldn't there be a cut off and have it start a different thread each day/week or whatever option is best? The thread could be <Thread Title> <Date> we could point the chat to what forum to create these threads in the ACP. Then ideally we would have a forum set up for the chat archive and then have each daily snap shot of the chat logs posted into that forum.

<Forum Chat Logs>
<Thread Title> 12/01/10​
<Thread Title> 12/02/10​
<Thread Title> 12/03/10​

etc..

I could pay you for this addition to this mod if you would like. I don't mind paying for this since it's not something a lot of the people would use and I know you're time is valuable and your skill set is impressive. :)

Start a conversation with me if you think this is possible and if you're free to do this for hire.

Thanks!

Jamie

This has probably already been mentioned but members using IE7 are getting script errors.

error.webp

I just got an unresponsive script error last night. I had posted it in the bug report area of this site, but someone mentioned that is was the mod that was causing it and not the core.

Here is a screen shot:

unresponsive_small.webp

I am running Beta 4, and Firefox 3.6.12.

Jamie

would it be possible to add a sound that plays on every new message?

Perhaps a notification in the page title and/or favicon (and only on the full/popup shoutbox), as I think most people will agree a sound would be annoying.

Plus the shoutbox doesn't refresh at all when the page isn't in focus, so any form of notification would mean increased server load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom