• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fresh copy of Xenforo Beta 4 and i cannot get the shoutbox working after making the edit's. There are no templates to revert

You shouldn't have to revert any templates. Did you place the required code in the forum_list template ?

Ok, having moving over to the Beta 4 version and only running the stock style without any other mods I have figured out what is causing the members run time errors.

IE7

They are all running IE7 and I have a few of them download and switch over to Firefox and now those members, that had the most troubles, can use the shout box without errors..

I really wish I could convince every one of my members to make the switch, but that isn't going ot happen, so does anyone have any ideas as to why IE would cause this?

Thanks,
Jamie

I've seen this thread before, but never looked at it until now--I saw it on Peggy's site and realized it's exactly what I wanted for mine, and now I don't need to use status updates to do it like I was going to! Awesome job. :D

when the next update comes will you be able to PM members in the shoutbox and have private chats?
And drop downs for colour choices and B | U | I :) thank you :) love it btw

Smilies no problem, most people are capable of entering basic smilie codes but as Allan says, if you have a lot of them, it's going to be impossible to remember all the codes.

The problem with not making it easy to insert BB Code though means it will rarely get used.

How many people are going to go to the effort, or can even remember how, to add a YouTube video or image, etc using BB Codes?

Images have to be manually wrapped in IMG tags and a lot of users just don't know how to do that.

Adding a YouTube video is even more problematical as it means you first have to create a dummy post and embed the video and then copy the text and paste it in chat.
Either that or manually strip out the ID and then type in the tags.

So whilst I think this is an excellent add-on and one which I will definitely be using, I just think it's a shame that there's no way of utilising the editor functionality to allow rich content to be entered easily.

I understand this won't be a problem for most people but on my site, chat is used as a form of "live thread" so my users will miss being able to easily insert images, video, text styling, etc.

I understand this won't be a problem for most people but on my site, chat is used as a form of "live thread" so my users will miss being able to easily insert images, video, text styling, etc.

Funny you should mention this, as I was thinking the other day about requesting this mod be extended even if I had to pay DM to do it, but I would really love the ability to 'archive' the shout box into a thread somehow..

We have always had a Fellowship thread running, it's a random, all other discussion thread and my members like the chat box and wondered if it could be incorporated into a thread like the fellowship thread is we have running now.

So I would like to request this mod be extended, if possible to 'archive' or auto post to a defined thread.

Jamie

I can see how being able to archive chat sessions might be useful sometimes.

I would just be happy with being able to change the url to /chat and an easier way to use BB Code tags :)

Been using this live for a while now, love it :)

There's only one feature that would be kinda nice in my opinion, ability for user to resize the chatbox. Can be useful for shouted images/videos for instance; similar to the way it's possible in IP.Shoutbox.

But yeah, would be awesome, but no deal breaker. As said, long story short, love it. :p

Been using this live for a while now, love it :)

There's only one feature that would be kinda nice in my opinion, ability for user to resize the chatbox. Can be useful for shouted images/videos for instance; similar to the way it's possible in IP.Shoutbox.

But yeah, would be awesome, but no deal breaker. As said, long story short, love it. :p

You can resize the shoutbox. If you're talking about the sidebar one, it's in the dark_taigachat_sidebar template. (I think that's the name of it).

EDIT - sorry, it's in dark_taigachat.css

You can resize the shoutbox. If you're talking about the sidebar one, it's in the dark_taigachat_sidebar template. (I think that's the name of it).
Well, there's a forum setting for it, but I mean every user being able to individually resize the shoutbox for themselves whenever they want to :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom