• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the next update :)

Any idea what the changes are going to be?
Being able to set the URL would be great ;)

Looking forward to the next update :)

Any idea what the changes are going to be?
Being able to set the URL would be great ;)

Yeah I'll get round to adding that URL thing too :P

It might have to be a preset selection though - how does /chat, /shoutbox, /chatbox and /taigachat sound?

Works for me :)

As long as I can use /chat as that's what we've been using for the last few years so the members won't get confused.

P.S. Did you see my post about the pop-out window and the entry box being below the chats, even though it is set as above on the embedded view?

The option add to navbnar add a space in the navbar and not the option. When clicking the Shoutbox link, the breadcrumb has no info and the Chat option is not selected.

I'd like to include a xen:sidebar in my thread_list.
I've just copied the template code from forum_list (I know .. I could make another template and do an include)
however the shoutbox does show up

at the very bottom of thread_list (after preview_template include)
I added:
Code:
<xen:sidebar>
    <xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<xen:hook name="forum_list_sidebar">
        <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />

..... (continues)
but nothing .. any ideas?

great addon btw !! awesome!

edit: for clarification. The sidebar shows up with "who's online" "staff" and "board stats" .. just doesn't show the shoutbox bit

Check the permissions in the ACP for each usergroup.

Edit: Oops, missed the template it was being applied to.

The code which provides the template variables only runs on a select bunch of controllers (index page, popup/full chat view and XenPorta) - if you want it to run on forum pages, add this to library/Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/LoadClassController.php in the if statement on line 7:

Code:
 || $class == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum'

The code which provides the template variables only runs on a select bunch of controllers (index page, popup/full chat view and XenPorta) - if you want it to run on forum pages, add this to library/Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/LoadClassController.php in the if statement on line 7:

Code:
 || $class == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum'
perfect !! thank you very much

Maybe it's my fault but does anyone get double & triple posts of one chat 'sentence'?

When I write "test" in the chatbox and hit ENTER;
My "test" will appear a few times - not everytime but many times.
I'm logged in as an Admin.
Other users mostly don't have this problem.

PS: Darkimmortal, do you have a Samsung Galaxy S?
I saw someone called darkimmortal yesterday in my IRC chat :)

My members love this add on, but they are continuing to fuss about not being able to see who is in the shoutbox to make it convenient for them to join in with their friends.

I know I asked this before and the reason it won't able to show a list of users in the shoutbox was because xenforo didn't 'know' or understand the location... can anyone tell me if this has been changed and is possible in the lastest version of xF?

Is this something specific we can ask for Kier and Mike to add in order to have this add on show total members or a list of members in chat?

This is something I am ready and willing to pay for, to have this option if it becomes available.

Thanks,
Jamie

Clicking on a members' avatar lists them as "Viewing Chat" if they are on the chat page.
This was introduced by Darkimmortal on a previous update.

What else did you mean?

Ideally I would like a Members in Chat list in the sidebar similar to the Online Now list. This would be more visible, and a quicker reference for those looking for their friends to chat with.

I have a few members across the pond and their hours are much different that the others and they miss out because they don't realize someone has stayed up, or gotten up early to chat with them. Having this list would help with connecting people. :)

Since I don't know this code, I don't know if this is possible.

Jamie

I see, so just an additional block filtering out members which are actually in chat.

That should be fairly simple to do (for a coder :D) and won't require any changes to the core code.

Awesome! Thanks for the verification that is should be able to be done.. now Darkimmortal.... I have a request.
biggrin.png

I would love a sidebar option showing Members in Chat.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom