• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS: Darkimmortal, do you have a Samsung Galaxy S?
I saw someone called darkimmortal yesterday in my IRC chat :)

I do indeed :)

You wouldn't happen to be the same Joël that created Darky's ROM would you? If so, absolutely awesome, love your work :)

Awesome! Thanks for the verification that is should be able to be done.. now Darkimmortal.... I have a request. :D

I would love a sidebar option showing Members in Chat.

Jamie

Will do :)

Also would that be based on time since last AJAX refresh (considering it stops when they aren't focused on the window/tab), time since last message, or otherwise? And would it include all shoutbox views or just full/popup?

Do you think it would be nice to add the user avatar thumbnail in the Full window setting?

This mod is working very nice in my site :) thanks again

Do you think it would be nice to add the user avatar thumbnail in the Full window setting?

This mod is working very nice in my site :) thanks again

That's a very good idea actually - will add that as an option (since it won't suit all sites - mine especially where the majority of messages come from external sources with just a username)

I have not read the 20 pages of posts, but do you think it would be interesting to archive the chat logs?

I has thought of that too! It would be really cool if it could archive it to a thread within the site. I think this would spark interest in those that weren't in the chat box to post their replies (better late than never), it would also clearly show people that even though there are only two people in the chat box, that the chats are still public, and not private.

Ideally, it would be nice to have it post to the thread with each post, but I don't know how how that would be on the system and how that would work.. Posting hourly or a set X amount of time would be good as well.

Jamie

I has thought of that too! It would be really cool if it could archive it to a thread within the site. I think this would spark interest in those that weren't in the chat box to post their replies (better late than never), it would also clearly show people that even though there are only two people in the chat box, that the chats are still public, and not private.

Ideally, it would be nice to have it post to the thread with each post, but I don't know how how that would be on the system and how that would work.. Posting hourly or a set X amount of time would be good as well.

Jamie
That would be ideal I think!!

Jamie

Personally I would prefer to keep separate forum posting with chat, I don't like to have lots of chat posts of 1 line in the forum.

Archiving them and showing in a paginated seo friendly pages would attract visitors from search engines.

K...so, files uploaded, addon installed, template addition added, permissions granted....and....nothing happened.

Ideas?

template code was added to forum-list like so:

Code:
    <xen:hook name="forum_list_sidebar">
        <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />
        <xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />

Have you set the permissions for each usergroup to be able to view and use chat?

Edit: Just seen you have. If you've set the permissions and edited the templates then it should show up.

What about the main chat page?
Are you able to access it either via the navbar tab or by browsing to /taigichat ?

Have you set the permissions for each usergroup to be able to view and use chat?

Edit: Just seen you have. If you've set the permissions and edited the templates then it should show up.

What about the main chat page?

No, should I have to? I was testing it for myself, so I set the permission (full allow) for administrative (my primary group) as well as my secondary group.

Edit to your Edit: it adds a tab to navigation for the main chat page, but there's nothing there.

Do you have a Deny set in any of the secondary usergroups?

A Deny will override an Allow.

/sigh...this response has been sitting, written but unposted, since last night. Epic win. Anyway...

Nope. One of my secondaries was default, all the others were allow. In any event, I set that last secondary as allow, and still no good.

I have a suggestion for Taigachat, if unregistered users are not able to view attachments, if an attachment is inserted in the chat box it should be displayed as thumbnail, but it appears as a broken image.

Hello, I have a problem with the popup window in my style. It appears like this:

popup.webp

In default style it shows correctly. What would be causing this or how can I disable the popup option? Taigachat templates are reverted. These are the Taigachat settings:

options.webp

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• reverted.webp
    reverted.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
So, I had assumed my admin panel looked like this because taigachat was still under development, but seeing Puntocom's screenshot, I now see that to be untrue. This is what my admin panel looks like...does that give anyone any ideas as to why the addon isn't working correctly for me?

taigabug.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom