Tag Essentials [Deleted]

Can't that be done without any add-ons by using the "Tag content" permission? I don't have the admin panel open but I recall that being a permission.
I think taging content is permission based, but what I mean is allow admins to predefine a set of tags.
and restrict new tags from being created by other usergroups. users would only use those tags already created by admin.

Daniel, it seems that no matter what permission I have set (even tried NEVER), users are still able to watch tags. I'd like to remove this feature of the add-on completely (for the simple reason that on an iPhone 5 portrait screen, "Watched Threads" subnav link is replaced by "Watched Tags" - which users are hating, they use "watched threads" every day.

Anyway, I've tried setting Tag Ess: Can Watch Tag to "no" and "never", and verified in perm analyzer that I do NOT have permission to watch tags... but still have the link to do so, and I can successfully watch and manage watched tags via the subnav link...

Apparently that isn't tied to a permission check at all. :oops:

For now, admin.php?template-modifications/, search "navigation" under Tag Essentials and disable the one modification that comes up.

Looks like a great add-on, I'm interested. I can see it will show the top users who've applied a tag - but can it help my moderators identify who created a tag? (for dealing with tag misuse).

Looks like a great add-on, I'm interested. I can see it will show the top users who've applied a tag - but can it help my moderators identify who created a tag? (for dealing with tag misuse).
Wouldn't everyone who used the tag be equally at fault? I guess the fact it pre-populates while they're typing makes it easier to use it after the first person but either way. Displaying who was the first person to use a tag is possible but would cause a few more queries on the admin page. Judging by previous posts of yours though, I think maybe you're wanting to see who assigned a tag to a specific thread rather than who actually used it first. Is that correct?

Is that correct?
No, I specifically want to know who created the tag in the first place so that me and my moderator team can identify inappropriate tag makers and take action (such as removing their ability to create new tags or even use tags at all).

At the moment it's a matter of me digging into the database with phpMyAdmin and checking several tables to get the user ID - but no worries if this isn't part of your add-on, I was just curious as it would have been a handy feature to have.

I'll stick with our current set-up of only allowing staff to create new tags (and letting members suggest them via the support forum). (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

1.2.0 Coming Soon:
  • Ability to see who added each tag to a thread.
  • Ability to block a tag from being used.

Attachments

• tagess-ViewUsers.webp
    tagess-ViewUsers.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 11
  • tagess-ViewUsersLink.webp
    tagess-ViewUsersLink.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 11
I think taging content is permission based, but what I mean is allow admins to predefine a set of tags.
and restrict new tags from being created by other usergroups. users would only use those tags already created by admin.

That's already possible :p

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-06%20at%2010.33.18%20AM.png

Daniel Hood updated Tag Essentials with a new update entry:

New Features:
  • Blacklist Tags: Ability to prevent tags from being used. Blacklisting a tag will automatically delete the tag and remove the tag from all existing content.
  • "View Users": Ability to see who added each tag to a thread. Permission controlled.
Improvements:
  • Added rel="tag" to the tags, helps with SEO.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yes, that is it. When viewing a thread next to "edit" (next to the tags), there should be a view users link.

Last edited:
@Daniel Hood having installed the add-on my navigation has been altered in medium and small responsive views by the addition of Watched Tags - despite not having that permission set to Allow for any usergroup (I would expect those navigations links therefore not to show).

Because of the new button the Mark Forums Read button has been pushed across to the far right and requires tapping ... to access it. Any idea how to stop this?

Thanks,

That was fast :) Negative permissions have correctly removed the link to "watch tag" now. However, I still have the "Watched Tags" subnav link. :D

Apparently that isn't tied to a permission check at all. :oops:

For now, admin.php?template-modifications/, search "navigation" under Tag Essentials and disable the one modification that comes up.
Forgot to change this in the latest version. There's going to be ano there update soon or you're welcome to make the changes from the above posts which will fix it immediately.

*soon = within the next week or so most likely.

@Daniel Hood having installed the add-on my navigation has been altered in medium and small responsive views by the addition of Watched Tags - despite not having that permission set to Allow for any usergroup (I would expect those navigations links therefore not to show).

Because of the new button the Mark Forums Read button has been pushed across to the far right and requires tapping ... to access it. Any idea how to stop this?

Thanks,

@Daniel Hood, bug when adding tag in cyrillic:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in TagEss/Model/Blacklist.php at line 26
    TagEss_Model_Blacklist->getBlacklists() in TagEss/XenForo/Model/Tag.php at line 54
    TagEss_XenForo_Model_Tag->adjustContentTags() in XenForo/TagHandler/Tagger.php at line 325
    XenForo_TagHandler_Tagger->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 1606
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionTags() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/local/data/www/local.test/index.php at line 13

Fixed myself by changing the encoding of tables tagess_blacklist, tagess_synonym to utf8_general_ci. Fix installer please, utf8_general_ci is a main XenForo encoding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom