Tag Essentials [Deleted]

@Daniel Hood, bug when adding tag in cyrillic:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in TagEss/Model/Blacklist.php at line 26
    TagEss_Model_Blacklist->getBlacklists() in TagEss/XenForo/Model/Tag.php at line 54
    TagEss_XenForo_Model_Tag->adjustContentTags() in XenForo/TagHandler/Tagger.php at line 325
    XenForo_TagHandler_Tagger->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 1606
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionTags() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/local/data/www/local.test/index.php at line 13

Fixed myself by changing the encoding of tables tagess_blacklist, tagess_synonym to utf8_general_ci. Fix installer please, utf8_general_ci is a main XenForo encoding.
Yes, this will be fixed in the next version (during installation). In the mean time, anyone else can fix the issue on their installation by running these two queries:
Code:
ALTER TABLE  `tagess_blacklist` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE  `tagess_synonym` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Daniel Hood updated Tag Essentials with a new update entry:

New Features:
  • Tag Coud Widget (bd Widget Framework)
    • Pick the forums (can also dynamically pick the forum being viewed currently and it's children) that the tag cloud will be generated for.
  • Option to block numeric tags.
  • Option to display the "Watched Tags" navigation link or not.
Bug Fixes:
  • Blacklisted tags are now sorted alphabetically.
  • Using a tag that is blacklisted will not longer generate a tag in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Go into your admin panel and hit applications then batch update threads. Once you select the threads you should see the input boxes to add or remove tags.

Bug/Missing: "Watched Tags" should be included below the "Watched Threads" and "Watched Forums" Nav Tabs in the sidebar navigation wrapper – under "Your Account" on the "account/personal-details" page.

Last edited:
It's fixed. The issue you experienced only affects new installations, therefore an update rather than a file swap us pointless.

Hello @Daniel Hood , this looks really promising.

I have two questions about the Tag Wiki.

1) Currently the Tag Wiki is in a separate page/tab. How feasible would it be to remove the tabbed interface of the Tag Wiki so that it displays in a container on the tag page (i.e. recently tagged tab page). The container would ideally be located above the tabs, a bit like a header.

My intent is to find a way to make tags more pleasant to browse and the Tag Wiki mostly achieves this, I just need it to show on the same page to maximise engagement. I do recognise this is no small feat but it's something I would definitely be willing to pay to get implemented.

2) Is it possible to upload files in the Tag Wiki? If not is this something you would consider adding? I would love to add an image and float it using custom BBcode..

1) Currently the Tag Wiki is in a separate page/tab. How feasible would it be to remove the tabbed interface of the Tag Wiki so that it displays in a container on the tag page (i.e. recently tagged tab page). The container would ideally be located above the tabs, a bit like a header.

My intent is to find a way to make tags more pleasant to browse and the Tag Wiki mostly achieves this, I just need it to show on the same page to maximise engagement. I do recognise this is no small feat but it's something I would definitely be willing to pay to get implemented.
I believe @TheComputerGuy actually paid someone to have this done as well. Apparently it's in pretty high demand, I could maybe make it an option. Private message me if this is something you really want to sponsor.

2) Is it possible to upload files in the Tag Wiki? If not is this something you would consider adding? I would love to add an image and float it using custom BBcode..
You cannot upload files to the tag wiki and that would actually take some effort to implement. That said, it does have full bbcode support so if you uploaded the files on your site or anywhere else on the web, you could accomplish what you're looking for. I understand hotlinking and/or providing ftp to upload images isn't ideal though.

One step away from buying.
1. If this can have that wiki info stuff on the same tag page, it would be good for SEO and very useful for newer forums where tags are relatively bare. The tabbed wiki mostly creates thin content and can be counterproductive for newer forums IMO.
2. I dont understand why capitalization of titles isn't supported in Xenforo tags. Would that be difficult @Daniel Hood ?

Is #1 the same thing that @Optic asked? If so, that's going to be released soon thanks to themy sponsoring it.

As for #2, no that isn't an easy change as far as I recall (I'm on my phone and don't have the code in front of me). They do that to standardize all the tags.

Reactions: vij
@Daniel Hood - the admin on my cooking forum has found an issue with tag searching that I wondered if you'd come across and/or could fix.

If you search for a Synonymous tag - on its own - the search will bring back all threads with the parent tag, and by associated all the other related synonyms too. So far so good. (y)

However, if you combine a synonym'd tag search with another tag, it won't bring anything back (XF will bring back results for two regular tags if they are both attached to a thread).

Let me illustrate (and you can try it out there too if you want to test it). Aubergine (eggplant) is the parent:

upload_2015-11-24_13-53-58.webp

So we type in auberg and get a list of suggested tags and select aubergine:

upload_2015-11-24_13-55-8.webp

upload_2015-11-24_13-55-35.webp

Okay so far - a search for Aubergine brings back what we'd expect. Now if we open the first thread in the list we'll see it also has another tag on it:

upload_2015-11-24_13-58-24.webp

So let's go back and search for "aubergine" (which was a
hit the first time around) and "sugar free" - No results:

upload_2015-11-24_13-59-57.webp

However, if we search for the parent "aubergine (eggplant)" and "sugar free" we do get a hit:

upload_2015-11-24_14-1-24.webp

upload_2015-11-24_14-1-37.webp

Is there any way the add-on can be modified to search using the "Parent" tag when people enter sibling/synonym tags into the search box?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Searching a single tag redirects to the parent tag while searching multiple tags doesn't do any sort of rerouting. Good find. I'll see what I can do about fixing that. Version 1.4.0 is coming out soon anyways (probably today or tomorrow).

Searching a single tag redirects to the parent tag while searching multiple tags doesn't do any sort of rerouting. Good find. I'll see what I can do about fixing that. Version 1.4.0 is coming out soon anyways (probably today or tomorrow).

Thanks - much appreciated. (y)

Daniel Hood updated Tag Essentials with a new update entry:

What's New:
  • XenForo Media Gallery Album Tagging
    • Albums can now be tagged like media items.
  • Wiki information can be displayed on the main page.
    • Rather than being only within a new tab, you can optionally display the tags wiki info above the tagged content list.
  • Fixed a bug with searching synonym tags.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks @Optic for funding the development of the new features and allowing me to share with the rest of the community.

@Daniel Hood would it be possible to add in the ability to tag users via a pre-defined nickname? For example, if I had a user names Robert, and everyone called him Bob, I'd like to be tag him as @ bob and it alert him.

User Essentials has a user tags feature but it doesn't do this. I'd have to look but if I recall, the user tagging (@{username}) isn't the most extendible. It's also a little out of the scope of this add-on since this is mostly for content tags and while user tagging (now known as mentioning) has a similar name, it's different. I may look into this for User Essentials though.

Top Bottom