System Requirements

gordy

Have there been yet any server requirements posted yet ?( I searched and did not find any)

Such as recommended software versions, php, MySQL, etc..

Will only MySQL be supported ? There remains a bit of uncertainty around MySQL's longevity, are there any contingency plans ?

Basically get a half decent hosting package and you'll be fine. Avoid the crappy 'unlimited' hosting offers - pretty much ALL hosts will support XF. Just dont be stupid and get Windows hosting...nobody want that junk :p

Personally I don't trust Oracle at all, though if they do the unthinkable there will be *some* lead time as well as a community version alternative as there usually is in situations like that.

Also postgresql isn't that much of a leap.

Personally I don't trust Oracle at all, though if they do the unthinkable there will be *some* lead time as well as a community version alternative as there usually is in situations like that.

Also postgresql isn't that much of a leap.

Exactly.. CA is notorious for sending good software to early graves through acquisition.
MariaDB is a plausible alternative (a MySQL branch)

Basically get a half decent hosting package and you'll be fine. Avoid the crappy 'unlimited' hosting offers - pretty much ALL hosts will support XF.

Thanks, for the tip ( I have three dedicated, in local datacentre ;) )

Just to clarify, it's technically a minimum of PHP 5.2.4 (you can see that in the linked thread). We use bits from Zend Framework and that's their minimum, though I suspect it would work with lower.

Oops, sorry, PHP 5.2.4, edited post...

Just an FYI...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zend_Framework said:
Zend Framework features include:[4]

Exactly.. CA is notorious for sending good software to early graves through acquisition.
MariaDB is a plausible alternative (a MySQL branch)

Thanks, for the tip ( I have three dedicated, in local datacentre ;) )

Have to agree on MariaDB. It's basically binary compatible and includes lots of patches to increase performance and provide more detailed performance counters.

Top Bottom