XF 1.5 1.5 System Requirements

jamesder

I have a Xenforo 1.5.20 installation running on a MAMP server. I'm going to be upgrading my PHP and MySQL versions on the server and want to make sure my 1.5.20 installation will still work. The system requirements file in the 1.5 docs links to the 2.0 requirements. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I'd stick with PHP 5.6 or newer at a minimum, although I believe XF 1.5.23 was the first version to have support with PHP 7.3.
For MySQL, I'd stick with MySQL 5.5 or newer.

Yeah it's kind of annoying. There are definitely features we could use in newer MySQL (particularly native JSON support) but the adoption is slow.

Reactions: ENF
I suppose I should also note the obligatory warning that as XF 1.5 is no longer supported, we wouldn't recommend using it at all and you should aim to upgrade as soon as possible. If you have to use XF 1.5 then you should use the latest version of that available which is 1.5.24.

The only supported version of XF is 2.1.x.

I suppose I should also note the obligatory warning that as XF 1.5 is no longer supported, we wouldn't recommend using it at all and you should aim to upgrade as soon as possible. If you have to use XF 1.5 then you should use the latest version of that available which is 1.5.24.

The only supported version of XF is 2.1.x.

thanks Chris. maybe i'll use this as an opportunity to upgrade to 2

Certainly useful to still get your local MAMP installation running - that might help you plan and test the upgrade. But, yes, strongly recommended at this point.

From January 2020, there won't be any security updates for XF 1.5 either.

Top Bottom