Switched Paypal Accounts (User Upgrades)

KozmoK

I had user upgrades working wonderfully. I switched to another Paypal Business Account,
who's email is the primary. Shoulda been easy just to change the paypal email in the user upgrade options...

But its not processing them. The paypal $ is getting sent ok, but its not processing them once purchased.

Anyone run into this? Is it some how caching the old address somewhere?

There is actually a log table, though it's not exposed in the interface - xf_user_upgrade_log. It may give you some indications of what's happening.

You may need to turn on IPNs (Instant Payment Notifications) in your PayPal profile. You shouldn't have to do this to my knowledge as we tell PayPal the callback URL, but I believe some people have had to turn this on.

Mike! I am going to test this out when I get home from work...On my old VB buisness account (used on vbulletin for 3 years) I had an old IPN url turned on :) On the business account that worked with Xenforo, I had IPN turned off.

So I am going to turn off IPN and see if that works...but that totally explains, it was trying to IPN to a non-existant page.

Looking at the PayPal docs, it does seem that it has to be enabled. Seems like a somewhat confusing design, but I'll add that to the relevant docs.

Top Bottom