Resource icon

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory) 1.2.0.8

No permission to download
A little thing, but a spelling error in the options screen

New Buisness Listing Limit
Should be Business

Not a small thing at all (I've just spotted it in several areas from copy / paste, I'll rid this plug-in from Buisness)

You can completely remove and add your own categories, update them here:
yourforum .com /admin.php?directory/

Sorry, I lied. I wont add the update this weekend, I'll add it now (it took me 10 minutes to do)

* Not only do you now have the option to turn off the commas
* You can now select 1-4 columns (defaults:2), so it fits (I should have realized the right sidebar might now squish some directories with fixed widths)

new version added, 1.1.7.2

Hey thats awesome!!!

I just wonder where did you saw my website link??? :eek: If you know what i mean lol!

Two suggestions: Make the Tab at the top customizable to change what name is listed. I would love to make it Cheer Directory instead of Directory (because that it is what it is referred to by my users). As well make the name above new business listing customizable AND if you click that name it takes you to the new listing page.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/006tu36c7

I have changed the name directory in phrases to bars for the navigation. Works perfect. But it still shows up as directory next to the thread name under whats new. How do I change that to say Bars also?
That's the original name of the Forum Directory (the one that you've probably hidden), you can change the name of the forum (It doesn't need to be named Directory), just make sure it's selected as your Directory Forum

Two suggestions: Make the Tab at the top customizable to change what name is listed. I would love to make it Cheer Directory instead of Directory (because that it is what it is referred to by my users).

It looks like you've figure out how to do this.

The nav, menu and buttons are all customisable, just search for the phrase you want to change here:
yourforum .com/admin.php?phrases/search

The only thing that might be difficult to customise is the "directory" within the URL (That will require a fair amount of template + routes changing)

As well make the name above new business listing customizable AND if you click that name it takes you to the new listing page.

You can change the phrase "new business listing" on the right sidebar of the forum/directory main page by updating the phrase:

sfdir_new_business_listings

Almost everything is done using phases (so given a quick search, almost every phases is customisable)

Making this into a link that directs you to the complete list of "new businesses" is probably a good idea, I'll do this next.

It looks like you've figure out how to do this.

The nav, menu and buttons are all customisable, just search for the phrase you want to change here:
yourforum .com/admin.php?phrases/search

The only thing that might be difficult to customise is the "directory" within the URL (That will require a fair amount of template + routes changing)

You can change the phrase "new business listing" on the right sidebar of the forum/directory main page by updating the phrase:

sfdir_new_business_listings

Almost everything is done using phases (so given a quick search, almost every phases is customisable)

Making this into a link that directs you to the complete list of "new businesses" is probably a good idea, I'll do this next.

I don't mind changing phrases, just thought a simpler option for those not as comfortable would be good. Love this mod!

So, is there a way to control the display of the listing of business - for instance, if I want them all listed by zip code (usa) etc.
My application would be to have perhaps 100 dealers in the usa in a directory.
I guess the main question here is whether the display templates are easily editable and if the queries can be set - i.e., display the threads (dealers) in order of one field (zip) or otherwise.
Otherwise I assume they display in the order placed?
As an alternative, I could enter states in as siblings, but this would end up with a lot of empty states...which does not look good on a directory. My current hacked together system simply displays two pages of links in zip order:
http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/retail/listall1/
that's an idea of what I need......doable?

So, is there a way to control the display of the listing of business - for instance, if I want them all listed by zip code (usa) etc.
My application would be to have perhaps 100 dealers in the usa in a directory.
I guess the main question here is whether the display templates are easily editable and if the queries can be set - i.e., display the threads (dealers) in order of one field (zip) or otherwise.
Otherwise I assume they display in the order placed?
As an alternative, I could enter states in as siblings, but this would end up with a lot of empty states...which does not look good on a directory. My current hacked together system simply displays two pages of links in zip order:
http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/retail/listall1/
that's an idea of what I need......doable?

You would have to put the categories together (using the ACP in a similar fashion you create forums/forum categories), but yes, they are completely editable.
You could enter states as child directories, listings can then be listed under both the parent and child by adding extra categories after the user has added their directory listing ( each listing can have multiple categories)

For instance:
A restaurant named "India Garden" on my directory is listed under all of the following categories:

Eating out (parent)
Indian Restaurants (child)
Epsom and Ewell Indian Restaurants (child - child) (this listing category is area related, a bit like your example for zip codes)

Listing can have multiple categories (and appear under all those selected), so you could use "zip code" as one of your listing categories

However, displaying "threads" by order of zip in the way you have suggested would require a change to the SQL within the php files
(possibly XenKingDir_Model_Thread::getLastUpdatedThreadInForum())

I recommend trying it by creating child categories that are equivalent to "locations" first

http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/reviews/india-garden-epsom-indian-restaurants-kt19.583

Thanks!
Yeah, the child thing won't work out for me because there will be too many empty states - it makes the categories look bad IMHO to have too many empty ones. If I use this I will end up trying to mod the SQL....
Maybe it's fodder for another add-on, but the idea of a much more limited category and some default (alpha by state, or zip) ways of sorting would seem to have a decent demand - that is, just about any forum which is built around a product or service would need a dealer listing - usually much simpler than your directory.
Thanks again! I'm not live yet, but once I have time I will delve into the mysql and templates...unless you do it first!

Question....I uninstalled the mod several weeks ago and all of a sudden I am seeing this error and can't log into my forum. Any idea how I can fix this?

Fatal error: Class 'XenKingDir_ModerationQueueHandler_Listingclaim' not found in /home/shadowsp/public_html/vb/library/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php on line 218

Hi Ranger, the error wont happen with the current version.
There was a version a little while back (which wasnt well tested due to lack of internet) that didn't clean up. Put the files back in place, and you wont see the error,
see here: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...directory-directory.20706/page-14#post-311151

To uninstall it properly, replace your existing XenKingDir files with this current version, install and then uninstall (the current version removes anything related to XenKingDir from the moderation queue / moderation queue handler

I get this when I try to remove the default categories so I can create my own.

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: Directory

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenKingDir/Model/DirectoryNode.php at line 1188
XenKingDir_Model_DirectoryNode->deleteChildNodes() in XenKingDir/DataWriter/DirectoryNode.php at line 244
XenKingDir_DataWriter_DirectoryNode->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenKingDir/ControllerAdmin/DirectoryAbstract.php at line 71
XenKingDir_ControllerAdmin_DirectoryAbstract->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/turbobui/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

Any ideas?

Can you let me know how you are deleting them

I've tried, and I can't reproduce this

Are you going here (and using the red X):
yourforum .com /admin.php?directory/

Are you deleting individual children, or parent categories?

and have you even managed to delete one category?

Mean while, I'll look into the above error to see if anything sticks out, but more info would be useful

Oh wait, have you selected a Forum to be your "Forum Directory" ?

It happens deleting categories or children. I have managed to get some to delete but the majority of them wont.

Id be happy to give you access to my board if youd like to try it yourself. PM me for credentials.

have you done this bit:

• Set the Directory forum in the administration control panel ACP>>Home>>Options>>[SurreyForum] XenKingDir
- Note, you must select a forum as a "Directory Forum" for this to work

Yes

Im trying to use your addon to list all of our advertisers in one category. I created a forum called "Supporting Vendors" and pointed the directory mod to it. When I go in the forum, it gives me the option of adding a new listing.

Top Bottom