Resource icon

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory) 1.2.0.8

No permission to download
Tennants, I am now using XFrocks widget framework. What is the template I include so the New Business Listings on the side show up?

If you want to add it manualy to another sidebar you will need to include the template: sfdir_new_business_listings

so somewhere within

<xen:sidebar>
</xen:sidebar>

add:

<xen:include template="sfdir_new_business_listings" />

I would like to make the "customfielda1" field able to take more text then what is currently allowed. I tried increasing the db field in the mapping table from 200 to 500 but that didn't seem to work.

Is there a specific of increasing the maximum allowed text?

The following error occurred:

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_DataWriter::bulkSet() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/*******/public_html/library/XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Reviews.php on line 584 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 974
  2. XenForo_DataWriter->bulkSet() in XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Reviews.php at line 584
  3. XenKingDir_ControllerPublic_Reviews->actionModifyLogo() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*******/public_html/index.php at line 13

I see it all the time. :/ This is on a Xenforo forum that has had no editing done to any of the files and no editing done to the template. (Minus 1 or 2 minor snippets added.)

I see it all the time. :/ This is on a Xenforo forum that has had no editing done to any of the files and no editing done to the template. (Minus 1 or 2 minor snippets added.)
okay, that line only gets called when updating a logo. So that error must be thrown when editing a logo, (and I suspect its a directory listing which has somehow been orphaned / the directory has no directory forum).

Does the directory actually contain any listings?
In the options, have you pointed xenKingDir to a "Directory Forum"?
When you say you see it all the time, when have you actually seen the error on the forum (when changing something in a listing? / just visiting any page in the directory? / changing the logo link?)

Yep. I have it pointed at a Directory Forum.

Whenever I try and edit a listing, be it Youtube or Logo for example, I get that error.

Yeah I think that is part of my problem. They have to all be assigned to a directory listing first before I can edit them with a logo or Youtube video.

Hi Tenants...my server error log keeps throwing up an error that I think is caused by your addon:
To give an idea of frequency:
Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params Yesterday at 11:59 PM - library/Test/Extend.php:8
Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params Thursday at 10:43 PM - library/Test/Extend.php:8
Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params Tuesday at 2:39 PM - library/Test/Extend.php:8
Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params Mar 3, 2012 - library/Test/Extend.php:8
Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params Mar 3, 2012 - library/Test/Extend.php:8

The error is:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params - library/Test/Extend.php:8
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/library/Test/Extend.php(8): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(19): Test_Extend->actionIndex()
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(9): XenKingDir_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "http://www.aircraftpilots.com/forums/te.."
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
have you come across this before?

So the main comment I hear about the directory from my readers is the front of the forum feels clunky. they love everything after it and the subcategories. I have been trying to think of what would make it feel easier to use.

I have attached three screenshots. This is how the front of my Forum Directory looks:

Screen Shot 2012-03-10 at 4.45.37 PM.webp

Is there was a way to keep the categories on the far left, and get rid of the thing in the middle and the widget and just display the latest listings with their categorie placement at the front of the listing? Can I manipulate that? Kinda like this listing for a category:

Screen Shot 2012-03-10 at 4.45.47 PM.webp

ibaker, I haven't seen this error.

Where does "Test/Extend.php" come from (it's not part of XenKingDir). Also, that url string is incomplete:

aircraftpilots.com/forums/te..

Is it always the same url you see in the logs?

I'll put my vote in for being able to sort on a field - specially zip code in my case.
I want to use it for listing dealers of a certain type (wood stoves, in this case) all over the USA - but unless they are sorted by zip it does not do me any good.....

I'd be willing to contribute to such a mod if others need it too!

Another nice feature would be an overal google map spanning the entire area which encompasses the directory with clickable place markers that would then take you to the specific listing.

Any new features planned for the next release?

Sorry, I'm a bit put off of developing this any further due to a review (and the lack of feed back)

I dont want to put out anything without fixing the "known" bugs first (or at the same time). I'm not sure if ibaker's issue is a real issue (or due to another plug-in), it would be good if he could get back to me and let me know what that other plug-in is / if there is a reall issue / not ;) (coversation /pm sent)

If people have seen a bug, I have in the past fixed them (almost always within the same week, sometimes in the same day), but I need steps to reproduce

I often (but not always) find the bugs lie within another plug-in or a configuration issue

providing there is enough information to reproduce the defect / issue... I often don't mind going out of my way (for free) to explain/fix something

I fix bugs as a priority (before making further enhancements), so if some one raises something that sounds bad (even if it is within a review comment), but I havent found a way to reproduce it, and they haven't provided a little bit more feed back (however they wish to do it) I'm a bit stuck until it's been confirmed (either way).

If I get a "review" that tells me its broken (and I can not reproduce it), with no previous information about the bug, no steps to reproduce and followed by a 1 star
... it leaves me wondering why I added this as resource

... so sorry, I'm a bit put off to developing this any further right now

I dont want to release something that could have a nasty bug (even if it exists in the current version, there's not much point in updating it until the bug is fixed)

If I get a "review" that tells me its broken (and I can not reproduce it), with no previous information about the bug, no steps to reproduce and followed by a 1 star

100% agree, it appears very petulant.

If there really is that problem, discuss it here and resolve it. That helps everyone.

I'm unable to edit the title of a thread. Any suggestions?

How are people dealing with expired memberships if they're paying for a directory listing? Do I have to write it on a notepad and do it manually?

... so sorry, I'm a bit put off to developing this any further right now

Could you delete it from the resource center then? Or could you perhaps charge enough to make you forget about that negative review?

I paid for a good product, xenforo, I don't need to install mods just to find out the developer is pouting because someone gave him a bad review. Unreal!

I'm unable to edit the title of a thread. Any suggestions?

Hi Eric...

Sure... You'd like some adivice. How have you tried to edit it do far? From the thread it's self (via thread tools >> edit title),

1stsnap.webp
or via the directory listing page (the little grey edit button)

snap2.webp

Both methods seem to be working to me... Is it one or both of these work flows you are having trouble with?

How are people dealing with expired memberships if they're paying for a directory listing? Do I have to write it on a notepad and do it manually? !

There have been no payment work flows made for this add-on. However, it does use a "forum"/"directory forum" which can be used almost just like any other forum (so there are possibilities for paid work flows down that route), any of these routes should result in the same xenforo core functionality, but to be honest, this isn't something I've tried and tested with this add on (paid directory listings for now, will require your own work flows and how you choose to do it is up to you).

Is there was a way to keep the categories on the far left, and get rid of the thing in the middle and the widget and just display the latest listings with their categorie placement at the front of the listing? Can I manipulate that? Kinda like this listing for a category

It could be done, but I belive this would be more than a template edit (I dont think it would suit everyones install, so it would have to be added as yet another option)

Top Bottom