Resource icon

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory) 1.2.0.8

No permission to download
Thumbs UP -- on the great work you're doing -- developing this addon! Sorry to hear - that someone couldn't appreciate
the work you are doing to develop (and mature) a very useful addon! PLEASE -- do continue - the evolution! please do!
(y)

Hi Eric...

Sure... You'd like some adivice. How have you tried to edit it do far? From the thread it's self (via thread tools >> edit title),

Both methods seem to be working to me... Is it one or both of these work flows you are having trouble with?

I think this is a xenforo issue. I wanted to create a title Eric Russell, CJF. It would not allow me to capitilize CJF. It shows Cjf.

I think this is a xenforo issue. I wanted to create a title Eric Russell, CJF. It would not allow me to capitilize CJF. It shows Cjf.

Thanks, that's one I can tick off my list ;)

That does sound like core functionality (both of these work flows using existing core functionality).

If you go to the ACP >> Options >> Threads, Discussions and Conversations >> uncheck "Automatically Adjust Case of Discussion Titles"

Does this fix the issue?

These might be related:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/possible-thread-title-bug.11233/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-titles.24158/#post-296446
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-each-word-in-thread-title.16586/#post-218255

... Thanks Raydianze... (Although, I was throwing a bit of a strop ;) )

Sorry to hear someone did that in a review. I appreciate all the hard work you have done on this add on and how quickly you have released new versions in the past. My users love the directory section!

I need to charge my members to put up a directory listing, is there a way to embed Paypal so I can get a monthly payment per listing!?!?

I am willing to pay you for that option and most likely others will too, I can throw in $100. I need it ASAP! :)

Good one. A few problems.

1 - there are many phrases hardcoded so it's necessary to translate them in the templates. Not a big problem...
2 - Why the listing details appear as in the attachment? under the main details there is a big white space... How can I remove it?

Screenshot 04-2456020 alle 17.41.18.webp

I am willing to pay you for that option and most likely others will too, I can throw in $100. I need it ASAP! :)

It's actually very simple to do by using Xenforo's User upgrades feature and creating Usergroup permission for Adding listings. I "could" do it, but I cannot step on the Addon Author's toes... so sorry...

Are the a and b in the screenshot intentional or by mistake? :)

1.webp

Template: sfdirectory_index

Code:
<xen:if is="{$DisplayDirectoryRSidebar}">
    <xen:sidebar>

a
        <xen:if is="{$DisplayRecentBusinessListings}">
b
            <xen:include template="sfdir_new_business_listings" />
        </xen:if>

Sorry for the late replies, I keep logging in but didn't get any notifications (no idea why, since I'm selected as watching this thread)

Are the a and b in the screenshot intentional or by mistake? :)

View attachment 28115

Template: sfdirectory_index

Code:
<xen:if is="{$DisplayDirectoryRSidebar}">
    <xen:sidebar>

a
        <xen:if is="{$DisplayRecentBusinessListings}">
b
            <xen:include template="sfdir_new_business_listings" />
        </xen:if>

Completely unintentional, something I was using while debugging the last build... forgot to remove, dow ! (these can be removed from the template sfdirectory_index)

It's actually very simple to do by using Xenforo's User upgrades feature and creating Usergroup permission for Adding listings. I "could" do it, but I cannot step on the Addon Author's toes... so sorry...

I was toying with the above idea of using upgrades (it didn't feel very complete / satisfactory for everyone, so I'd be interested in your design). I've left this for people to create their own custom payment workflows using the core functionality

It's fine, if you can make a plug-in to extend xenKingDir, it won't be an issue ... I approve ;)
I will be taking this plug-in further, but I don't disprove of others adding to it (as long as it's done as a separate plug-in so I can continue updating xenKingDir)

Good one. A few problems.

1 - there are many phrases hardcoded so it's necessary to translate them in the templates. Not a big problem...
2 - Why the listing details appear as in the attachment? under the main details there is a big white space... How can I remove it?

View attachment 27777

1- There shouldn't be too many, I will do my best to convert the rest to phrases next build
2- That's a tricky one... essentially, what you are looking at is 2 rows

The left hand information of the first row could come in various different sizes
* Users do/don't use deep links, contact details, site links, addresses.
* Forum owners do / don't use custom fields.

The categories being in the second row will always be in the bottom left corner.

I think the location of this box is subjective (if I move it up, there will be users that want it down... and vice versa)
I've played around with the layout a fair amount, but you can change the layout if you wish by editing the template: sfdirectory_map_view

But keep in mind, the amount of information that a user completes wont always be the same, and logged out users will have a slightly different view.

I need to charge my members to put up a directory listing, is there a way to embed Paypal so I can get a monthly payment per listing!?!?

Since it uses a lot of core functionality (the directory listings are created as threads.. but just hidden), then in theory you can apply the same user upgrades you can to any normal forum.
If you momentarily turn xenKingDir off, you'll see that the listings exist as forum threads within your selected "directory forum" .
So, you can just create the xenforo user upgrades, and apply them to the forum you have selected as your "directory forum".
<= This gives you access to payment workflows, but it's not something I have intentionally designed it for... it's existing core functionality.

Also, Sadik has created a custom plug-in to work along side this to allow the following permissions via user upgrades
1. Can Create Listings
2. Can Claim Listings
(I haven't tried it yet, but will shortly)

I think I must be having a really dumb moment, but hopefully someone may be able to point me in the right direction!

Where do I need to look to remove the auto populated catergories when you first install? Ive been searching high and low but cant find anything!

Top Bottom