• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is great add-on.:)
But in my case, I can not use non-English character in address. (I use Korean)
I think all input line does not support non-English.
Could you check this?

I think I may have found another bug Tenants, sorry...when on the entry page, the sub menu for the Directory isn't displayed in the navbar...checked it with your site and it's the same there.

Also the Directory menu tab isn't highlighted either

Hmm, the nav bar seems to look okay

If you click on "Surrey Buisness Directory" you have the options:
  • Directory Home
  • New Listings
  • Submit Listing
If you navigate to the forum, you have those options in the drop down.
Are you talking about the "quick navigation" links?

I think this is great add-on.:)
But in my case, I can not use non-English character in address. (I use Korean)
I think all input line does not support non-English.
Could you check this?

Yes, you're correct.
I strip all non alpha-numerics (this needs to be fixed)

From the review pages. Okay, I see what you mean, cheers

The problem is, the review pages aren't really under "directory/" they are under "reviews/"

It is possible to create just parent categories, but only the child categories are currently displayed below them (on the main directory page), so this would result in just the category titles being displayed (not very directory looking ;) )

It wouldn't take much work to optionally display child listings (but this would be a non-default option, since many users prefer to include child categories on the main page, not child listings.)
=> Added to the To-do List

that would be great to have, as I have about 40 Main categories and no sub-categories.
Many thanks!

is it possible for the company to upload 2 or 3 images into their listing ?
Like e.g. product-images, etc. ?
Instead of the map or instead of the video?

I have tried to use this before, but keep getting the same problem.,
When I try to list its says, "you do not have permission" ... but I do!

The following err
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /directory/AddListing on this serveror occurred:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /directory/AddListing on this server.

When I try to list its says, "you do not have permission" ... but I do!

When are you getting this warning? Is it when updating the nodes in the Admin control panel, or when attempting to add a listing via the directory front end?

- have you created a forum that acts as the "directory forum" and have you made sure it's selected as the "directory forum" in the options?
Like This: <image>

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "When I try to list"

Attachments

• likeThis.webp
    likeThis.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 15
I get an error with the ForumWatch Plugin:

Argument 2 passed to ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch::sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread() must be an array, null given, called in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/library/ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 10 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ForumWatch/Model/ForumWatch.php at line 70
  2. ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread() in ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 10
  3. ForumWatch_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1399
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php at line 9
  5. twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Directory.php at line 1250
  6. XenKingDir_ControllerPublic_Directory->actionAddListing() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/index.php at line 13

I'm off the internet for a few weeks over xmass (moving house), so I cant do any updates over that period

I havent installed ForumWatch, so I'm not completely sure what it does (I'll install it with my plugins to test at some point)

twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Directory.php at line 1250
Is problematic on the directory forum, is it possibe to turn off the ForumWatch plugin for particular forums?
If so turn it off for the Directory Forum (I wont be able to look into this until some time after the new year)

Edit: Having said that, just found a fix (but cant create a new release now)

Cory, you can swap this file to fix the above issue when using the plugin with ForumWatch :
xenforo\library\XenKingDir\ControllerPublic\Directory.php

Just paste the attached file over that location and make sure its the right file (Directory.php is found in a few places)

Attachments

remove this line:

<script src="js/xenforo/jquery-1.js"></script>

in sfdirectory_index template... It's not needed, the jquery link is already there.

I'll make a template change on the next version (but that's going to be quite a long while due to the lack of internet, so the template change above can be made for now)

remove this line:

<script src="js/xenforo/jquery-1.js"></script>

in sfdirectory_index template... It's not needed, the jquery link is already there.

I'll make a template change on the next version (but that's going to be quite a long while due to the lack of internet, so the template change above can be made for now)
Thanks for the quick fix.

I have a question regarding canceling a member. Will it erase their directory listing or keep it in there as if it is a regular post? In other words, I created a basic level that people have sign up for in order to make a listing. But if I have 100 participating forum members and 1000 people signing up just to appear in the directory but they never post, then I have an inactive looking forum. So I want to cancel those inactive accounts at some point but assure that their listing doesn't get erased. Can this be done?

Do you have any better suggestions to keep the active/inactive member unaffected because of the directory?

I'm off the internet for a few weeks over xmass (moving house), so I cant do any updates over that period

I havent installed ForumWatch, so I'm not completely sure what it does (I'll install it with my plugins to test at some point)

twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Directory.php at line 1250
Is problematic on the directory forum, is it possibe to turn off the ForumWatch plugin for particular forums?
If so turn it off for the Directory Forum (I wont be able to look into this until some time after the new year)

Edit: Having said that, just found a fix (but cant create a new release now)

Cory, you can swap this file to fix the above issue when using the plugin with ForumWatch :
xenforo\library\XenKingDir\ControllerPublic\Directory.php

Just paste the attached file over that location and make sure its the right file (Directory.php is found in a few places)

That did the trick... Thank you!

I have a question regarding canceling a member. Will it erase their directory listing or keep it in there as if it is a regular post? In other words, I created a basic level that people have sign up for in order to make a listing. But if I have 100 participating forum members and 1000 people signing up just to appear in the directory but they never post, then I have an inactive looking forum. So I want to cancel those inactive accounts at some point but assure that their listing doesn't get erased. Can this be done?
Do you have any better suggestions to keep the active/inactive member unaffected because of the directory?

The Directory Listing and reviews are literary forum Threads / Posts (you'll see this if you turn off the plug-in and make the directory forum visible). On deleteing the user, if you delete the entire user’s Threads, you will also delete the users Directory Listings, if you leave the user’s posts then the Directory Listing will also be left

<One off post from work...I'm not actively on the internet right now>

Right now I have them hidden from "whats new" due to the redirect to thread rather than directory entry but I would LOVE for this to get fixed so I could add it to the "Whats New" section and get more visitor traffic going through and being able to see recent entries easier.
I desperately need this too. Having just installed it, it was almost a show stopper. Would it be worth asking [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) how it was achieved in that add-on?

Also would it be possible to add a thumbnail at the time of submission using a system like thumbshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom