• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The error was with xenattendo which I disabled for now, no break on the directory page, but yeah jaxel is slow to respond so if you could figure out how to fix it, I sure would appreciate it!

There shouldn't be, I've tested it using xenattendo and a few others...
Can you provide more details, is there an error message?

<= I will look at this tonight and provide a fix 1st thing tomorrow
It also happened to me.

After I uninstall your plugin and then remove your files I cant access my site. My error says its in the moderator file. Then I put your files only back on my server without the plugin installed and my site is visible.

PHP Fatal error: Class 'XenKingDir_ModerationQueueHandler_Listingclaim' not found in /home/public_html/mysite/forum/library/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php on line 218

Any idea how to stop this?

The error was with xenattendo which I disabled for now, no break on the directory page, but yeah jaxel is slow to respond so if you could figure out how to fix it, I sure would appreciate it!

It could be fixed in either/both, I've fixed it in XenKingDir

So Jaxel doesnt need to fix it in for XenKingDir to work with Xenattendo (but may need to fix it for others that use the threads prefix)

XenKingDir_v1.1.6.zip woks with Xenattendo

After I uninstall your plugin and then remove your files I cant access my site. My error says its in the moderator file. Then I put your files only back on my server without the plugin installed and my site is visible.

PHP Fatal error: Class 'XenKingDir_ModerationQueueHandler_Listingclaim' not found in /home/public_html/mysite/forum/library/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php on line 218

Any idea how to stop this?

Sorry, my lack of internet has reduced the quality/testing of this build [and I still wont have access for the next couple of weeks]

Do you have any events in the moderation queue?
If so, approve / delete any that are related to directory claims before uninstalling / removing the files...
I'll try to reproduce this one tonight, but it sounds like the unistaller neededs to clean up the QueueHandler

It should be easy for me to fix,
For now, put the files back and I will add a new build for the unistaller tomorrow morning (the only time I get access to upload a new build at the moment)

The permisions error was a change I made while cleaning up the code,
this is also fixed in 1.1.6

Thanks for the screen shot

Looks like this patch may have fixed the issues with xenattendo but I haven't fully tested it. Thanks for the quick patch as always!!!

Its still looking for the file.:cry: I have to keep your directory in my plugins to see my site.
Sorry, with no internet connection, I only get one chance to do this once a day

I've tried to reproduce it locally, but can't
1) I've installed it, unistalled and removed all the xenKingDir files => The Forum works
2) I've installed it, left listing claims in the moderarion queue, unistalled it and removed all the xenKingDir files => The Forum works
3) I've installed it, left listing claims in the moderarion queue, deactivated it and removed all the xenKingDir files => The Forum works (but throws an error on visiting the moderation queue... deactivation wont allow you to remove the files, this is as expected)

Having said that, this was tested locally on a Windows server (things dont always act the same on a Windows server)

I've created an unistaller that cleans up the QueueHandler and clears up any listing claims from the moderation queue (in case someone uninstalls while there are listing claims)

As an aside, I've looked at xenattendo and noticed that uninstaller also doesn't clean up the QueueHandler, so if I could reproduce the scenario, it's possible you would see the same behaviour on removing the xenattendo files?

Can you try this file and unistall xenKingDir, copy this file over the other install file : library/XenKingDir/install.php

(if you have already un-installed it, reinstall and then unistall)

Attachments

I'm Adding the above installer to the plugin (in case anyone else has this issue)

Added: XenKingDir 1.1.6.2 (no change from 1.1.6 apart from the Install.php file)

I've been having a think about the white space issue, when parts are not completed. Like no map, youtube etc. We had a similar issue before but slightly different and you changed the templates. This improved the situation, but its still not perfect.

This is what a guest sees
Screen Shot 2012-01-18 at 11.13.12 PM.webp

this is what I see
Screen Shot 2012-01-18 at 11.13.55 PM.webp

Now here was my thinking....

Point 1: In the 2nd screenshot (what I see) would it be possible to move the "categories listed under" section up to the bottom of the details box, keeping a little white border between the two, like on the right hand side?

Point 2: Then when a map is not created, add a box like you have for youtube/logo to fill the hole = as big as the hole and with the nice borders.

Point 3: In the guest view - keep everything looking the same as what I see, ( so that they can see the message to add a video, image, map, category ). BUT I want them to click onto the links and get a "to be able to make a change, please register" message if they don't have permission. This would preferably be as an AJAX popup (like the mini profile when you click on a users name). I dont want a guest to be able to make changes.

I think these changes would enhance the product tremendously and I would be very grateful if you could give them your consideration.

Point 2: Then when a map is not created, add a box like you have for youtube/logo to fill the hole = as big as the hole and with the nice borders.

Point 2 - Should be easy enough to do ("Add Map Location" to the centre), so I will add it to the "To-Do list"

The first point might take a bit of adjusting to the template. I have to keep in mind that the "Edit Detail" section is variable in size, some people might use custom fields that can add extra 14 line breaks. They can also turn off YouTube videos / logos (which can make the layout look odd)

I can update point 2 without affecting anyone / having any impact, point 1 I'll need to think about.

Point 3 could be added as a view option <= will add to the "to do list"

The first point might take a bit of adjusting to the template. I have to keep in mind that the "Edit Detail" section is variable in size, some people might use custom fields that can add extra 14 line breaks. They can also turn off YouTube videos / logos (which can make the layout look odd).

I see your point there. Its just it seems to TD under the map rather than as a left column in its own right.
If they turn off the videos / logo, could the map be made to extend over where they are placed in that instance? I've attached some images to explain the layout I was thinking

directory.webpdirectory2.webpdirectory3.webp

I see your point there. Its just it seems to TD under the map rather than as a left column in its own right.
If they turn off the videos / logo, could the map be made to extend over where they are placed in that instance? I've attached some images to explain the layout I was thinking

View attachment 23773View attachment 23774View attachment 23775

So there are multiple layout options to choose from? This mod looks interesting, I'm just curious how editable the layouts are.

no not options to choose from. The current layout has a lot of white space, these are just suggestions for layout with the various options turned on or off.

error message trying to delete a duplicate bar listing
error was originally created when a user submitted a listing like 8 times when it was broken a few pages back on here.

You might find that the count is out by one due to the incomplete deletion (although I don't think you are using counts), but if you do, you can rebuild the counts in the ACP:

yourforum.com/index.php?directory/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom