Resource icon

[SurreyForum] XenAdShare 1.0.7

No permission to download
Does it throw an error with that add on, or is it that you would like to see the shared Adsense units also within the blogs?

I would like my members to get paid for posting in their blogs :) If commenters could also get paid, that would be even better, though when it comes to that stuff, I think some restrictions need to be adapted.

I can imagine some people simply spamming multiple threads to get the last replies, and thus revenue. It should be possible to disable the ad sense for certain posts, or, if spammy replies are deleted, or receive enough downvotes or something, for the ad sense to be bumped back to the previous last post. Perhaps also exclude specific groups from receiving the revenue, to further discourage spamming?

nice mod!
I had this tagged but had forgot about it
I'll have to check it out again and see if it would be beneficial on our site. (y)

I like this as concept, it gives the users incentive to reply. Currently this setting is defined in the ACP user permissions, so different user groups can have different percentages. But how would this be definable in the user permissions?

Currently, we have one setting for this:
Percentage User Ad: 0 - 100%

Two setting wouldn't make sense, since you could set both of them to 100%
Perhaps the percentage for the thread creator takes top priority. If the other percentages for forum owner and last post creator add up to greater or less than 100%, then they are ignored. Only in instances of all three adding up to precisely 100% would all three percentages be taken into consideration. I'm not a coder, but just a thought in terms of how the logic could work.

Overall, thanks for keeping an open mind to the feedback tenants. You've created a pretty awesome addon. I'll make a donation for sure upon the next release.

In my forum, everyone is able to edit ads from others' profiles!
Do you know why this might be happening?

In my forum, everyone is able to edit ads from others' profiles!
Do you know why this might be happening?

You have to set the permissions correctly, see this post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/surreyforum-xenadshare.36203/#post-411904

In Particular:

Can Update Anyones Adsense Code: Allow
This alows users to update anyones Adsense via the members page (if problems arrise, or users need their adsense code to be reset/deleted so they can make changes)
Only people with this permisions will be able to see and update user adsense code via the members page (clicking their profile image)
I recomend only giving this permision to your Forum Administrator

This should only be set for admins (so you can help individuals who have issues adding their adsense code)
If you've added this to all of your groups, all of your users can edit everyone's permissions (not recommended)

By not setting this (or setting it to never), the users wont be able to see or edit other users adsense code

You have to set the permissions correctly, see this post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/surreyforum-xenadshare.36203/#post-411904

In Particular:

Can Update Anyones Adsense Code: Allow
This alows users to update anyones Adsense via the members page (if problems arrise, or users need their adsense code to be reset/deleted so they can make changes)
Only people with this permisions will be able to see and update user adsense code via the members page (clicking their profile image)
I recomend only giving this permision to your Forum Administrator

This should only be set for admins (so you can help individuals who have issues adding their adsense code)
If you've added this to all of your groups, all of your users can edit everyone's permissions (not recommended)

By not setting this (or setting it to never), the users wont be able to see or edit other users adsense code

I don't know what causing this, but I did try to revoke the permissions even from admins(including all usergroups) without a luck! :(

oh, that's bad.. there was a permissions error in this file: XenAdShare_Model_Perms

$perms['canUpdateAnyAdsense'] = (XenForo_Permission::hasPermission($viewingUser['permissions'], 'XenAdShare', 'canDisplayAdsense')

Users that have the canDisplayAdsense have the canUpdateAnyAdsense permissions, this is supposed to be:

$perms['canUpdateAnyAdsense'] = (XenForo_Permission::hasPermission($viewingUser['permissions'], 'XenAdShare', 'canUpdateAnyAdsense')

I'll make an update, but for now, you can change the code in the above file Perms.php (located: XenAdShare/Model/Perms )

oh, that's bad.. there was a permissions error in this file: XenAdShare_Model_Perms

$perms['canUpdateAnyAdsense'] = (XenForo_Permission::hasPermission($viewingUser['permissions'], 'XenAdShare', 'canDisplayAdsense')

Users that have the canDisplayAdsense have the canUpdateAnyAdsense permissions, this is supposed to be:

$perms['canUpdateAnyAdsense'] = (XenForo_Permission::hasPermission($viewingUser['permissions'], 'XenAdShare', 'canUpdateAnyAdsense')

I'll make an update, but for now, you can change the code in the above file Perms.php (located: XenAdShare/Model/Perms )
Thanks a lot mate! :)

I have a question as to what's actually removed with the copyright removal?
I saw on your demo something like "Ad Group: username" and your link to the right.
Can all that be removed with the brandfree?

Thanks, I'm close to installing this on my site. :)

I have a question as to what's actually removed with the copyright removal?
I saw on your demo something like "Ad Group: username" and your link to the right.
Can all that be removed with the brandfree?

Thanks, I'm close to installing this on my site. :)

You can turn those off, they are options within the ACP (Display Ad Username / Display User Ad %):

options.webp

Brand free allows you to remove the "© XenAdShare from Surrey Forum" under the ad

I'm getting an error when users try to associate their google accounts.
Do I need to register my site with google first?

Thanks

Nothing to do with this plugin, there is no association needed for this plugin to work (users paste their adsense code into their profile)

Does it throw an error with that add on, or is it that you would like to see the shared Adsense units also within the blogs?

Did you manage to get a hold of him by any chance? Would be really nice to get this integrated. Maybe with a second configurable percentage per usergroup even?

tenants, do you have an ETA on when the addon will be updated to support users earning adshare by replying to posts vs starting them? Not rushing you, just wanted to know so I can plan around it.

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom