Lack of interest [Suggestion] Stop Words for Friendly URL's

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Reeve of Shinra

I'm sure this was mentioned elsewhere but if it was, I couldn't find it ... but I am hoping that their is a way to include "stop words" for the friendly url's feature.

Common Words like "and, of, the", etc.

And custom words like curses. I don't mind them being used around the site but I don't want them in the url's.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just decided to test it out... it looks like filtered words are removed from the url. Not sure about allowing these words without hving them in the url

threads/curses-that-the-*****-is-wrong.3485/

but it is filtered
curses -- **** that **** the ***** is wrong

Hold on, I think this was semi misinterpreted. Censored words are stripped out, but that's because they're replaced with *'s which aren't used in URLs anyway.

There's no controls over what text is stripped out of a URL.

Hold on, I think this was semi misinterpreted. Censored words are stripped out, but that's because they're replaced with *'s which aren't used in URLs anyway.

Can that be made a suggestion then? strip stop words out of urls, and also some character replacement for URL's so for example replace & with and in a URL.

That was basically my suggestion. I don't care to, or want to, censor words but I would like to ensure those words don't show up in the url.

Top Bottom