Lack of interest [Suggestion] Move Editor Under Post Upon Clicking Reply

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why not move the editor below the post upon clicking Reply?

It will make it easier for everyone - no scrolling up/down.
I will give Like-ers the option to leave a quick reply.

This is one of the features I miss from vBulletin, but I also miss the ability to tag them so I can have all the posts ready for one long response (Which I tend to do often).

Hopefully they can work something out to provide this functionality. 

I miss multi-quote but this will provide a good alternative. Having the post box jump up instead of the page scrolling down allows me to read the rest of the thread whilst collecting my replies instead of having to jump up and down.

This is one of the features I miss from vBulletin, but I also miss the ability to tag them so I can have all the posts ready for one long response (Which I tend to do often).

Hopefully they can work something out to provide this functionality.
You mean the multi-quote? I miss that ALOT.

This is something I will really miss, multi quote over multi pages.

Multi-quote is a separate suggestion, and I'd do it by adding a + link/button next to the reply link that adds the post to a cookie. It is then pulled when you click "reply" elsewhere.

reply-queue-png.829

An alternative to moving the quick reply up and inserting it under the current post would be to use an overlay for the quick reply box, but I don't know if I like that either.

I'd go for true multi-quote functionality and not move the Quick reply at all.

Why not move the editor below the post upon clicking Reply?

It will make it easier for everyone - no scrolling up/down.
It will give Like-ers the option to leave a quick reply.
ttt
its getting very annoying having to constantly scroll back to continue reading a thread. adopting princetons suggestion would be a huge win for xf.

Top Bottom