Lack of interest [Suggestion] Start "More Options in "Preview" Mode If Text Has Been Entered in Quick Reply Editor

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kevin

When clicking the "More Options" button from the quick reply editor it is 99% of the time (for me at least) just to be able to preview the post before saving it.

It'd be really nice that if text has been entered in to the quick reply editor then when More Options is clicked that the full page editor is started in preview mode.

An alternative suggestion would be to add a preview function to the quick reply editor but I think it'd be likely easier to just start the "More Options" full page editor in preview mode if text is already present.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
An alternative suggestion would be to add a preview function to the quick reply editor but I think it'd be likely easier to just start the "More Options" full page editor in preview mode if text is already present.

In the meantime, @Chris D has a lovely add-on to preview text typed in the quick reply editor.

it'd be likely easier to just start the "More Options" full page editor in preview mode
Well, what do 'ya know, @Bloodcinder created an add-on doing exactly that. :D

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/automatic-reply-preview.86062

I'd still like to see this out-of-the-box but for anybody else who may be interested there are some add-on solutions at hand.
In the meantime, @Chris D has a lovely add-on to preview text typed in the quick reply editor.
I've recently installed it and it is indeed pretty handy. When creating new post replies I think the number of times I've had to click 'More Options' has been reduced to almost none.

Last edited:
Top Bottom