1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestion] Start "More Options in "Preview" Mode If Text Has Been Entered in Quick Reply Editor

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Kevin, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

When clicking the "More Options" button from the quick reply editor it is 99% of the time (for me at least) just to be able to preview the post before saving it.

It'd be really nice that if text has been entered in to the quick reply editor then when More Options is clicked that the full page editor is started in preview mode.

An alternative suggestion would be to add a preview function to the quick reply editor but I think it'd be likely easier to just start the "More Options" full page editor in preview mode if text is already present.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

In the meantime, @Chris D has a lovely add-on to preview text typed in the quick reply editor.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Well, what do 'ya know, @Bloodcinder created an add-on doing exactly that. :D

I'd still like to see this out-of-the-box but for anybody else who may be interested there are some add-on solutions at hand.
    I've recently installed it and it is indeed pretty handy. When creating new post replies I think the number of times I've had to click 'More Options' has been reduced to almost none.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015