1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Like Ranking

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Shelley, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Haven't thought about this fully. Bare with me, a "Like" ranking marker in membercard that displays the numerical ranking order. Not sure this is a welcomed feature suggestion or whether it would be welcomed but I thought i'd throw it out there. (mockup below)

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hey! That's me :D

I'm not quite grasping the concept....it's still early :confused:

What does the 362 in brackets denote?
  3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I get it, but at the same time I think this would just have "like wars," or prevent people from liking other people's posts so they they don't lose their rank.
  4. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

yeah, if I'm rank #1, why would I ever like rank #2's posts.... :D
  5. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

lol "The Cold Like War." :p
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Good point. I never thoroughly thought it through but you make a valid point. Thinking more on this, I wouldn't want this implemented or even entertained.

Could we possibly add a "rejected" prefix to the thread title?
  7. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

It would be pretty entertaining for the lurkers, though. The way train wrecks (that don't involve you) always are.
  8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Exactly. I get the idea that the point of this simple like system is to avoid abuse and competition like vBulletin's reputation system was so good at promoting. Giving users a rank will only re-ignite the competition and "like wars" as Onimua put it.
  9. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I prefer the IPB reputation system, more simple and useful!
  10. RobS

RobS Member

I really like this system without rankings. It encourages a true sense of community without turning it into a pissing contest. If rankings are added, however, please keep them optional.

vB's rep system only ever encouraged the mob mentality, regardless of how strict the options were set. It is probably my most hated, most anti-community "feature" and it's totally misnamed too, it should be "how many times can your friends boost your ego?".

I would hate to have an opportunity to be from it, only for the same people to find something else to be "best" at.
  11. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I think this system may be open to abuse :(