Lack of interest [Suggestion] Like Ranking

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shelley

Haven't thought about this fully. Bare with me, a "Like" ranking marker in membercard that displays the numerical ranking order. Not sure this is a welcomed feature suggestion or whether it would be welcomed but I thought i'd throw it out there. (mockup below)

Attachments

• like-ranking.webp
    like-ranking.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey! That's me :D

I'm not quite grasping the concept....it's still early :confused:

What does the 362 in brackets denote?

I get it, but at the same time I think this would just have "like wars," or prevent people from liking other people's posts so they they don't lose their rank.

I get it, but at the same time I think this would just have "like wars," or prevent people from liking other people's posts so they they don't lose their rank.

Good point. I never thoroughly thought it through but you make a valid point. Thinking more on this, I wouldn't want this implemented or even entertained.

Could we possibly add a "rejected" prefix to the thread title?

Exactly. I get the idea that the point of this simple like system is to avoid abuse and competition like vBulletin's reputation system was so good at promoting. Giving users a rank will only re-ignite the competition and "like wars" as Onimua put it.

Exactly. I get the idea that the point of this simple like system is to avoid abuse and competition like vBulletin's reputation system was so good at promoting. Giving users a rank will only re-ignite the competition and "like wars" as Onimua put it.

I prefer the IPB reputation system, more simple and useful!

I really like this system without rankings. It encourages a true sense of community without turning it into a pissing contest. If rankings are added, however, please keep them optional.

vB's rep system only ever encouraged the mob mentality, regardless of how strict the options were set. It is probably my most hated, most anti-community "feature" and it's totally misnamed too, it should be "how many times can your friends boost your ego?".

I would hate to have an opportunity to be from it, only for the same people to find something else to be "best" at.

Top Bottom