Lack of interest [Suggestion] A bump button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

LFC_SL

Search did not yield such a result but scouring the interweb I saw something very interesting
Furthermore, for those of you who do frequent the Classifieds forums, you may have noticed that there is a new button available, the "Bump this topic" button, which becomes available to the person who started the topic exactly 24 hours after the last message posted in the topic, IOW, exactly when the time period for no bumps allowed has expired. This button avoids having to add a post every time a topic requires bumping.
Classifieds & Market Watch rules - The Fountain Pen Network

I think this should be a standard platform across all forum software. In particular it would be very useful in a classified section

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
personally i would hate to provide this option to a user.

but then, there are cases where i have wanted to have this feature.

i guess there are going to be extreme views about such a functionality.

Your're right. When I say "standard" I mean built in, and leave it to the discretion of a site owner where and when to enable. The functionality in say a classified forum would be most relevant, rather than a normal discussion thread as I see it :) It is seemingly timed at 24 hour intervals or at least set that way so it is not as if it can be abused. Of course a member may take it upon themselves to bump a thread in the normal way with a post rather than use the button. That's why it's only a suggestion in this "Small Features" board :p

I've earlier proposed something even better: automatic bump threads ever x-hours for max x-days (in case of no replies). No button needed, no worries about not getting a reply. We haven't had one single thread without replies since this mod was installed on our forums (that's years now!). And no one has a problem with it being at work either (if that worries you).

But I bet we will never see this being made a default XF feature, so it's probably going to be an add-on if someone decides to code it.

I've earlier proposed something even better: automatic bump threads ever x-hours for max x-days (in case of no replies). No button needed, no worries about not getting a reply. We haven't had one single thread without replies since this mod was installed on our forums (that's years now!). And no one has a problem with it being at work either (if that worries you).

But I bet we will never see this being made a default XF feature, so it's probably going to be an add-on if someone decides to code it.
The link in your sig doesn't work as they expire after a period of time.

Top Bottom