1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] A bump button

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by LFC_SL, Sep 27, 2010.

1. LFC_SL

LFC_SL New Member

Search did not yield such a result but scouring the interweb I saw something very interesting
    Classifieds & Market Watch rules - The Fountain Pen Network

I think this should be a standard platform across all forum software. In particular it would be very useful in a classified section

ked38 likes this.
  2. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

personally i would hate to provide this option to a user.

but then, there are cases where i have wanted to have this feature.

i guess there are going to be extreme views about such a functionality.

3. LFC_SL

LFC_SL New Member

Your're right. When I say "standard" I mean built in, and leave it to the discretion of a site owner where and when to enable. The functionality in say a classified forum would be most relevant, rather than a normal discussion thread as I see it :) It is seemingly timed at 24 hour intervals or at least set that way so it is not as if it can be abused. Of course a member may take it upon themselves to bump a thread in the normal way with a post rather than use the button. That's why it's only a suggestion in this "Small Features" board :p

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Ah...a bump button? o_O

5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I've earlier proposed something even better: automatic bump threads ever x-hours for max x-days (in case of no replies). No button needed, no worries about not getting a reply. We haven't had one single thread without replies since this mod was installed on our forums (that's years now!). And no one has a problem with it being at work either (if that worries you).

But I bet we will never see this being made a default XF feature, so it's probably going to be an add-on if someone decides to code it.

6. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The link in your sig doesn't work as they expire after a period of time.

7. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Strange, it still works for me. Thanks for informing me though.