XF 1.0 Style Properties - Controlling Style Options

When it comes to quickly and easily toggling the display or behaviour of user interface elements, it often makes sense to be able to pass simple parameters to the templates.

XenForo provides a powerful and extensible system to allow variables to be defined and modified on a per-style basis, making this a breeze and opening the door for style customization by third-party add-ons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

The issue is more how to trigger it, but yes, that is the likely solution.
sorry, a noob gives noobly responses....:p...me being a noob thats what you got from me.

Is it possible that you implement a switch for if you shut off overlay animation to either display a popup on click or just have the upload field static on the page in the event that animations are off both inherant directly to the switch you displayed in the video?

edited:

"Enable Forum Description Tool Tips" is per style.

Would it be possible for a talented person to make that per forum? Or would that be a maintenance nightmare as forums are added/deleted?

For example: the 3 XenForo suggestions forums with tool tips, the 3 XenForo general discussions without tool tips?

One possibility I had thought about was no tool tips for frequented forums, and big huge tool tips for less frequented forums. To steer traffic behavior, and provide detailed instructions for how to use the less frequented forums, such as a classifieds forum.

For our specific forum they would be grouped together logically, so showing tool tips would be an exception for just one group of forums.

I was thinking of a per-forum option... that way the forum titles that I believe need a description to explain what they're about can have them, the other ones can have a hover specified.

that would involve setting preset display profiles and calling which areas fall under them individually right? I can't think of another way that would be possible easier than this.

Probably late, but the animation setting is mislabeled - should say 'time' in place of 'speed'.

Half the speed would be slower not faster; opposite of half the time.

Probably late, but the animation setting is mislabeled - should say 'time' in place of 'speed'.

-half the speed it takes for the complete animation sequence 1 being default, 10 being 10 times default i think

It seems okay to me:

If you enable animations, you can adjust the speed using the multiplier. 1: Normal speed, 0.5: double speed, 2: half speed etc.

Double speed would be twice as fast, the setting works by multiplying the animation duration, so 0.5 * duration = half duration = double speed.

This is fantastic Kier. I'm so happy to see that we can easily tailor our own forums to our liking very easily without having to make hundreds of template changes.

I hope you have addressed the Navbar. I know that has been a major issue with vBulletin in that it's so complicated to make changes to the Navbar. I prefer a simple Navbar like the one that came with vB3. Ideally we will be able to use our own Navbar template and it will be easy to replace the the default one that comes with xenForo.

This is fantastic Kier. I'm so happy to see that we can easily tailor our own forums to our liking very easily without having to make hundreds of template changes.

I hope you have addressed the Navbar. I know that has been a major issue with vBulletin in that it's so complicated to make changes to the Navbar. I prefer a simple Navbar like the one that came with vB3. Ideally we will be able to use our own Navbar template and it will be easy to replace the the default one that comes with xenForo.
I'm very surprised you consider the vB3 navbar template to be simple - it was one of the most complex templates in the entire system. You'll be happy to hear that the HTML driving the XenForo navigation bar is vastly more simple in its construction.

I'm very surprised you consider the vB3 navbar template to be simple - it was one of the most complex templates in the entire system. You'll be happy to hear that the HTML driving the XenForo navigation bar is vastly more simple in its construction.
I found it to be very simple once I hunted down all of the links, etc.

And I, YES even I, was able to remove that navbar and replace it with a new one. :D

The Navbar in vb3 is ten times simpler than it is in vb4.

I'm sure you have taken every precaution to make the Navbar easy to make changes to in xenForo, but I'll most likely replace it with a Navbar that has simple links and one drop down for Quick Links. This IMHO is much easier for the average user on my forum to use.

Please make sure that the Navbar template can be easily replaced with a custom Navbar template. Thank you.

Top Bottom