Style Critique request for a new site

Lisa

So we've been slaving away for the past week (or thereabouts) on the design for this as yet unopened site. We're looking for a critique on the style (content is basic currently as its still being added and we've been very limited on any addons installed - keeping it simple currently).

We'd appreciate input on all areas and welcome any suggestions - big or small. :D

http://urbanfantastic.com

Cheers guys.

I love the color scheme a lot, and the category backgrounds.

One bug I wanted to report, when clicking on a username the member card appears. The close button appears to be missing, but it could just be that it's in the middle of being worked on. ;) Just wanted to give a heads up just in case!

Nice work!

Good work, very nice on the eyes and another stylish use of an image background in the category header strips which really gives a forum a visual boost. The sidebar is also nicely themed. Well done! :)

LOVE the category strips, and the texture behind the navigation tabs.
The entire theme is attractive, and easy on the eyes. Great job.

Very nice color. I'm not sure about the 2 borders on the side tho, it seems a little redundant since the forum itself already have a clear line defining its left and right.

Very nice color. I'm not sure about the 2 borders on the side tho, it seems a little redundant since the forum itself already have a clear line defining its left and right.

I think the border defines the layout but adds a visual presence more than anything. The 2 borders image (after 1.1) is something i have plans for by tightly integrating the design with the navbar, search & footer so it looks as one (if I explained that correctly). For now, It won't be removed or changed but certainly will be getting a revamped along with those mentioned areas in the future.

The Membercard now has a little X on it :) and we've added Brogan's quote box on the sidebar too (although I think I want to put it in the header on the right!)

Been busy adding more content, but still looking for feedback on design, etc :)

We've done more work :D A meet the staff page has been added (although the content needs adding hehehe) the Author pages has been moved to the navbar and layout updated somewhat and our sidebar has added funkiness (in the manner of Who's been online being added to the Who's online block and a gorgeous parchment colour for our Site News block :D)

Further feedback would be appreciated!

Top Bottom