Still Under Development

seojoseph

Hey,

I just wanted to show this off a little bit. This is the staging site:

Still needs more testing to launch, then tweak and enhance. The designer promised to go through it this weekend and clean it up... the UI is pretty bad.

Cool Features:
  • Activity Stream on the home page for the people you follow.
  • Marketplace for visitors to sell their items with a API and .csv import tool.
  • Blogging Platform
  • Cool game like hot or not but for watches. Get this when someone uploads a image there is a alert to ask if they would like this included in the game. The game gets fretted monthly and the winner gets some points.
  • Custom Point system.
  • Custom Gallery System
  • Extended the Like System to include the objects thats outside of XF.
  • Cool Article and Wiki System.
  • Custom Search with Elastic Search
We're totally building around XF with the Laravel Framework. Our developer even created a module that listens to event front_controller_pre_dispatch (Called before attempting to dispatch the request in the front controller. This could also be considered post-routing.) and calls TKF_FronController::loadLaravelFramework which gives us access to Laravel's objects inside XF.

I would like some harsh design critics. What you like, don't like, are we missing schema anywhere.. did you find a bug? Feel free to use this as a playground.

Just an update. There has been a lot of updates to the site. Still needs to be cleaned up but its coming along. :) I would love some ideas though.

Thanks, all using twitter bootstrap. Its going to look awesome when its done but would like to get some feedback - direction.

I'm also actually doing a very similar approach on a site redesign of mine, so I can't really complain :D. But if I had to really nitpick, then it would be those 3 different login links all concentrated in the same area, the icons - especially the RSS icon - does not really flow with the rest of the elements. And lastly I feel the tiny red and green circles for the discussion & messages do not really serve a purpose, maybe replace them with something more meaningful?

But if I had to really nitpick, then it would be those 3 different login links all concentrated in the same area
Yes, we will be removing all but the top one, and the top button will be made cleaner. :) Thanks for taking a look!
the icons - especially the RSS icon - does not really flow with the rest of the elements.
I do feel the rss icon does need to change too. thats just the stock placeholder... what other icons do you notice?
And lastly I feel the tiny red and green circles for the discussion & messages do not really serve a purpose, maybe replace them with something more meaningful?
You're right - I think the designer was just trying to visualize it but yea, it doesn't really 'mean' anything - I think he's just trying to be creative..
Looks good!
Thanks! no nitpicking from you? :) Please?

Last edited:
I really love the front landing page - with the popular posts and latest threads right up front. Next, the blog section below is well done but to the right of the blog area is hollow.

Next, I'm sure you have not looked at the registration / login page but it is rather "log in" "log in" "log in" all over the place. This is inherent is most XF sites. But it would be sweet to have a very simple login page - including integrating the way Facebook, Google etc log into the site ... rather than a stinkin ugly button. ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 8.53.43 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 8.53.43 PM.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 7
I really love the front landing page - with the popular posts and latest threads right up front.
Thanks.
Next, the blog section below is well done but to the right of the blog area is hollow.
Yes, both myself and the designer is thinking about this.
Next, I'm sure you have not looked at the registration / login page but it is rather "log in" "log in" "log in" all over the place. This is inherent is most XF sites. But it would be sweet to have a very simple login page - including integrating the way Facebook, Google etc log into the site ... rather than a stinkin ugly button. ;)
Yes, we're completely integrated. The three logins will be moved to 1 which will be the one on the top and it will be cleaned up a bit. The reason that there is three is because today, we added the one thats sticky to the top but the designer would have to clean that one up a bit. We had it in the navigation but I felt it was a bad place for it and we never removed the signup on the forum, but that will be removed for sure.

Top Bottom