1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF still in active development?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Banana Pup, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Banana Pup

Banana Pup Well-Known Member

Was wondering if XF is still moving forward in development as there as been no update releases or "have you seen...? for over a month now and no announcements since Feb 22nd. This is not intended as a flame, just a concern being a paid lisc holder.
    mrGTB and gordy like this.
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

1.2 is suppose to arrive soon, I think Q2 was mentioned (April-June), and they've been actively developing the resource manager for at least the last month and a half.

The Have You Seen..? videos aren't necessarily a clue into the development cycle, as they're released when major things are added.
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

The other thing you should realize too, compared to "other" software, XenForo doesn't HAVE to do massive amounts of small releases to fix their prior mistakes.
  4. Raydianze

Raydianze Member

>>>XenForo doesn't HAVE to do massive amounts of small releases to fix their prior mistakes.
    Very good point!!!
    Though - it would be fantastic -- IF -- they had more communications -- with US -- their supporting community of users!
    That IS really lacking!!! :sneaky:
    faeronsayn and gordy like this.
  5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

They're actually pretty communicative, at least in so much as progress on versions when they're within months of a release. Any more than that would be annoying for them (When I was designing my Imperial theme, I had a certain someone pestering me nearly daily about a release date).
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I could mention a couple of new features which have recently been developed for 1.2.

But I won't ;)
    surfsup, oman_xf, Dinh Thanh and 8 others like this.
  7. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Oh Brogan.... thats just a damn tease! You naughty man!
  8. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

jmurrayhead likes this.
  9. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's not fair ;(
  10. Vicros

Vicros Active Member

lol ol' brogan, always trying to get a rise out of us...

and it freakin works too..damn you! :mad::p
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Glad I don't disappoint.
    ArnyVee and DroidHost like this.
  12. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

RED +1 BUTTON!!!

new features.png
  13. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Even we have now a great TMS add-on, i hope the template hook requests won't be ignored again:p *scnr*
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  14. cloferba

cloferba Member

15. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Well that's mighty nice of you.
  16. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Just the date Paul...just the date.... :D
  17. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

That's nothing new. I have that on my 1.0.4 site also.
  18. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

G+ changed the LOOK of that button the day he posted that.
  19. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Yeah! I was thinking that also because I've spotted other sites not using XenForo are displaying the same style of button, so figured Google themselves have changed the look of it. Twitter did it not long ago also, that button look different from previously.
  20. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

naughty man too!