Sticky Any Post

Sticky Any Post [Paid] 1.2.7

No permission to buy ($20.00)

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Sticky First Post - Always have the first post in sight...

This addon does not callback and does not yet include branding, although the branding removal addon is available for purchase.

This addon allows you to specify forums that will 'stick' the first post of threads across pages.

You can specify this on a per-forum basis, and the first post will appear on all pages, just like it would on the first page.

Read more about this resource...

You cant set the option per thread? For example i might only want a couple of threads in a select forum having the first post stickied. Definitely not all.

You cant set the option per thread? For example i might only want a couple of threads in a select forum having the first post stickied. Definitely not all.

Not currently, however I'll almost certainly be added in the next version.

Liam

Have this and it's great, works on a Forum basis but yes all Threads have a sticky first post, but that's good for what i needed it for.

Ha 50% price hike for adding what is a standard feature, only supported for 6 months, and it comes with a stupid visible copyright notice. No thanks.

Ha 50% price hike for adding what is a standard feature, only supported for 6 months, and it comes with a stupid visible copyright notice. No thanks.

Doesn't come with a copyright notice, and 6 months is update only. Always supported in this thread at least partly ☺.

Bought this, installed but nothing in options regarding sticky first post. I have setup my user group to be able to sticky/unsticky posts, but still cant do it. @Liam W has this addon actually been tested? Does it install with Waindigo or Chris D Auto Installers (Like the 99% of the other addons on here)?

Bought this, installed but nothing in options regarding sticky first post. I have setup my user group to be able to sticky/unsticky posts, but still cant do it. @Liam W has this addon actually been tested? Does it install with Waindigo or Chris D Auto Installers (Like the 99% of the other addons on here)?

I haven't tested the Waindigo installer, but it should work with Chris D's.

If you want to sticky the first post of an existing thread, go to the edit thread overlay and ensure the checkbox is checked.
Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 08.49.14.webp

For a new thread, there is a checkbox near the main options.

Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 08.50.42.webp

They need to be granted this node permission:

Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 08.51.21.webp

You can also check the check box in the forum options tab to automatically force all threads to have sticky first post enabled in that forum.

Liam

Hi @Liam W,
It seems that this addon clashes with @Luke Foreman's Post Ratings addon.

When Sticky First Post is NOT enabled.
upload_2014-11-25_14-42-33.webp
<Click Like/Agree>
upload_2014-11-25_14-43-8.webp
Result = Like/Agree count added. 'Undo Rating' appears on the right hand side.

Now with Sticky First ENABLED.
upload_2014-11-25_14-49-55.webp

<Click Like/Agree>
upload_2014-11-25_14-50-44.webp
Result = Like/Agree count updates or doesnt/ cant tell. It definitely doesnt show the count, yet undo ratings still shows.

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-25_14-42-12.webp
    upload_2014-11-25_14-42-12.webp
    2.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi @Liam W,
It seems that this addon clashes with @Luke Foreman's Post Ratings addon.

When Sticky First Post is NOT enabled.
View attachment 90275
<Click Like/Agree>
View attachment 90276
Result = Like/Agree count added. 'Undo Rating' appears on the right hand side.

Now with Sticky First ENABLED.
View attachment 90277

<Click Like/Agree>
View attachment 90278
Result = Like/Agree count updates or doesnt/ cant tell. It definitely doesnt show the count, yet undo ratings still shows.

I have a licence for that add-on, I'll take a look :)

Liam

I've installed an add-on, but when I'm going to edit the thread there is no "sticky" option.

Have you granted the relevant users/usergroups permission to use the feature? It is a node permission.

Liam

Top Bottom