Sticky Any Post

Sticky Any Post [Paid] 2.4.1

No permission to buy ($25.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Sticky Any Post - Always have a post in sight...

This add-on allows you to specify forums that will 'stick' the first post of threads across pages.

You can specify this on a per-forum basis, and the first post will appear on all pages, just like it would on the first page.

To sticky any post, editing a thread or edit a post with 'more options' and select the relevant spinner or checkbox.

On forums which force a sticky first post, sticky any post requires the "Can override always sticky post" post.

Options...

Read more about this resource...

This is good but it would be very good if you can add an option to have sticky threads show on more than one forum.

Sorry I got the thread title mixed up. I assumed it said to show thread on every page other than just the first page.

Installed it. but it isn't working... Is there something that I need to do in order to turn it on? Am I missing a setting?

Installed it. but it isn't working... Is there something that I need to do in order to turn it on? Am I missing a setting?
You need to configure it per forum, I plan to cleanup the product description.

It is a 1-for-1 port of the XF1 version.

If you want to bulk enable it;
Code:
update xf_forum set sticky_first_post where node_id in (...)
Change ... to the list of node ids you want it enbled

Xon... First... I like it a lot.

However, would it be possible to make the sticky on subsequent pages collapse down to a certain amount of characters "like the quotes feature" with an expand option? Some of these stickies are long posts that cause a lot of unnecessary scrolling, which members find irritating. That is the only feedback issue, but I do hear it a lot, so I thought that I would ask.

I think my users found an issue. When the 2nd post of a thread is set as sticky, but has an attachment, that sticky post shows the wrong attached images.

For example.

Here's the 2nd post on the thread, which is stickied, that shows the following.

sticky1.webp

But when you look to edit that post, you'll see it's attachment is actually -

sticky2.webp

Once we made the first post sticky, the Incredibles attachment shows again on the 2nd post.

As a product suggestion, would it be possible to have an option to globally set a default of a post number to be always considered sticky when a new thread is created? Our users don't always remember to set the sticky post on a thread, and my mods would not have to police them as much. Thanks.

Top Bottom