Sticky Any Post

Sticky Any Post [Paid] 1.2.7

No permission to buy ($20.00)
There doesn't seem to be anyway to remove/add (edit) the stickied first post.

I've triple checked user/group permissions - no joy.

I option appears when I create a new thread, but I can't disable the feature or add it to an existing thread. Any ideas?
Ensure the "Can override always sticky first post" and "Can sticky first post in others threads" moderator permissions are set. This requires 1.0.8 which looks to have been released on xf-liam.com and not XenForo.com

I've uploaded it now to https://atelieraphelion.com/ but I need to sort out licencing to allow existing users to acquire their licences.

Last edited:
I get this error when selecting the option for a forum. When i disable Xentag it does work.

Unknown content type 'tinhte_xentag_forum'
  1. XenForo_Model_Tag->getTagger() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php at line 41
  2. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Forum->Tinhte_XenTag_actionSave() inTinhte/XenTag/XenForo/DataWriter/Forum.php at line 22
  3. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_DataWriter_Forum->_preSave() in LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/DataWriter/Forum.php at line 23
  4. LiamW_StickyFirstPost_Extend_DataWriter_Forum->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1460
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1399
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php at line 129
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionSave() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php at line 33
  8. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionSave() in LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/ControllerAdmin/Forum.phpat line 10
  9. LiamW_StickyFirstPost_Extend_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bodyforum/public_html/admin.php at line 13

@dutchbb does that still happen if Sticky First Post is disabled? What version of XenTag do you have installed?

I'm a little baffled at how that code path would error, it doesn't really do much.

It only happens when i select sticky first post for a forum (and xentag is on). But both can run at the same time and i can make a thread sticky first post without a problem.

Latest version of Xentag is installed (downloaded it today). Disabling Sticky first post doesn't matter because Xentag works when it is on.

I think the error is because of the extra options on Xentag that influence the first post -> show tags below first post probably

I disabled it and bought your hashtagging recource :p Just finished installing it and will test it now with sticky first post. I think this will work at the same time.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/hashtagging.2110/

Edit: works fine together.

Last edited:
Sticky First Post will be updating to Sticky Any Post
Nice, nice, I will buy this addon I think.
Just a quick question @Xon
If first post or any post will be sticky on any page of that thread, than thread's 20 posts/per page will not be actuall anymore. Will this break all links (click on post number to get link to that post) to posts because of this addon, maybe X post will not be on page 11 but on page 12?

Nice, nice, I will buy this addon I think.
Just a quick question @Xon
If first post or any post will be sticky on any page of that thread, than thread's 20 posts/per page will not be actuall anymore. Will this break all links (click on post number to get link to that post) to posts because of this addon, maybe X post will not be on page 11 but on page 12?
This add-on effectively causes that thread page to be 1 more than the global posts per page amount.

This means any existing links will work. For example on your site; each page would be 21 posts (ie 20 posts + the stuck post) rather than 20 posts including the stuck thread.

Is that per node or I can choose just several threads in several nodes where I can set sticky first post (or in future sticky any post)

Is that per node or I can choose just several threads in several nodes where I can set sticky first post (or in future sticky any post)
You can enforce first thread per-node, or just pick any thread if you have the override permission.

Is it an option to highlight the first post? With text 'First Post' for example.

And would it be possible to change the meta description for page 2 and so on?

Last edited:
Is it an option to highlight the first post? With text 'First Post' for example.
Yes, it has style properties for "Stickied First Post - Container" and "Stickied First Post - Message".

And would it be possible to change the meta description for page 2 and so on?
This add-on just injects another post at the top of the page with a little extra styling.

Xon updated Sticky First Post with a new update entry:

Feature Update

This add-on's pricing model has changed, there is now a 12 month recurring cost, and the price raised to $15 USD.
  • Performance improvement; no longer requires an extra query per page load.
  • "Can override always sticky first post" permission should now work as expected.
  • Move template code from template modification into a themable template.
    • Editing/Creating a thread now share the same template instead similar bit not identical versions.
  • Improve CSS...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xon updated Sticky Any Post with a new update entry:

1.2.3 - Bugfix + feature update

• Fix "Sticky Post" when editing a post for normal users
    • Incorrectly displayed when you didn't have permission, and only checked moderator specific permissions instead of user permissions correctly.
  • New option under Messages, controls behaviour of a sticky post on the page it would normally be located on:
    • Always stick sticky post to top of a thread
    • ... Except first post on the first page

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom